Facility management (FM) is a professional management discipline with an objective to coordinate demand and supply of various facilities and services within the private and public organizations. It encompasses multi-disciplinary actions within the built environment as well as the management of the impact by these activities on people and the workplace. It ensures the functionality of the built environment by integrating people, process, place, and technology. The core competencies of FM include communication, finance & business, environment sustainability, strategy planning & leadership, project management, quality, property & real estate management, human factors, business continuity, technology, and others. It offers improved capital and expense accounting, improved efficiency, cost savings, effective planning & budgeting, and other benefits to the organization.
The facility management market is expected to register significant growth in the short and long run, attributed to change in work pattern in organizations globally, rise in adoption of cloud-based deployments, and growth in need to have regulatory and environmental obedience. Other factors that fuel the growth in facility management market are increase in demand for services outsourcing, development of adequate infrastructure for technological adoption in small and medium scale organizations, and growth in adoption of Internet of Everything (IoE). However, lack of awareness about the term and its benefits is expected to hamper the market growth.
The global facility management market is segmented based on solution, services, industry vertical, and geography. Based on solution, it is categorized into asset management, workplace & relocation management, strategic planning management, real estate & lease management, maintenance management, and others. Based on services, it is bifurcated into integrated and managed services. Based on industry vertical, it is classified into government, retail, Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI), healthcare, IT & Telecom, manufacturing, real estate, energy & utilities, education, and others. Geographically, facility management market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players in global FM market have adopted strategies, such as geographical expansion, mergers & acquisitions, product portfolio expansion, and collaborations, to enhance their product penetration in the industry.
- In-depth analysis of the global facility management market and its dynamics are provided in the report to understand the market scenario.
- Quantitative analysis of the current trends and future estimations from 2016 to 2023 are provided to assist strategists and stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing opportunities.
- Porters Five Forces analysis examines the competitive structure of the facility management industry and provides a clear understanding of the factors that influence the market entry and expansion.
- A detailed analysis of the geographical segments enables identification of profitable segments for the market players operating in the global FM industry.
- Comprehensive analysis of the trends, sub-segments, and key revenue pockets is provided.
- Detailed analysis of the key players and their business strategies are anticipated to assist the stakeholders to take informed business decisions.
- Profile analysis of the leading players that operate in the industry is provided, which highlights the major developmental strategies, such as mergers & acquisitions, expansions, and new product launches adopted by these companies.
Facility Management Market Key Segments:
- Asset Management
- Workplace & Relocation Management
- Strategic Planning Management
- Real Estate & Lease Management
- Maintenance Management
- Integrated Services
- Managed Services
By Industry Vertical
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance(BFSI)
- IT & Telecom
- Real Estate
- Energy & Utilities
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
Key Market Players
- International Business Machines Corporation AT&T, Inc.
- SAP SE
- CA Technologies
- Oracle Corporation
- ServiceNow, Inc.
- Archibus, Inc.
- Planon Corporation
- FM System, Inc.
- Ioffice Corporation