Fatty acid supplements are essential for humans, and most of the fatty acids cannot be produced by the body. Hence, fatty acids are consumed in the form of dietary or pharmaceutical supplements. Fatty acids help the body to combat diseases and improve healthy conditions. They improve cardiovascular health, promote healthy metabolism, reduce joint pain & inflammation, impart anti-inflammatory action, increase optimal brain function, increase positive mood & behavior, and fight depression. The most common fatty acid is omega-3 fatty acid, which is found in fish oils.
Increase in health consciousness and the rise in prevalence of diseases due to lack of fatty acids drive the growth of the global fatty acids supplements market. Furthermore, with the hectic lifestyle of people, the need for fatty acids supplements has increased, thereby increasing the demand for fatty acids supplements. However, increase in preference for naturally available fatty acids and high cost of fatty acid supplements restrain the market growth. Innovation and development in the manufacturing of the fatty acids are expected to provide growth opportunities for the market.
The fatty acid supplements market is segmented on the basis of source, application, and geography. By source, the market is divided into marine oil, algal oil, flaxseed oil, and others (nuts oil, seal oil, and whale oil). Applications covered in the study include dietary supplements, functional food & beverages, infant formula, and pharmaceutical. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major player analyzed in this report are Copeinca AS, Axellus AS, Croda Health Care, Epax AS, Arista Industries, Inc, Omega Protein Corporation, Koninklijke DSM N.V., EFG Elbe Fetthandel GmbH, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., and Arista Industries, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the fatty acid supplements market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
Fatty Acid Supplements by Source [Marine Oil, Algal Oil, Flaxseed Oil, and Others by SOURCE by SOURCE Report Highlights
Key Market Players
CRODA HEALTH CARE, Arista Industries, Inc, EPAX AS, OMEGA PROTEIN CORPORATION, AXELLUS AS, ARISTA INDUSTRIES, INC., KONINKLIJKE DSM N.V., EFG ELBE FETTHANDEL GMBH, GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC, COPEINCA AS