Fermentation is a biological process that converts sugar to acids, gases, and alcohol. Grains and fruits are fermented to produce alcohol products such as beer and wine. The healthiest products of fermentation ingredients include lactic acid and ethanol. Lactic acid is regarded as pre-stage material for polylactic acid (PLA). Polylactic acid is proposed an efficient polymer to substitute petroleum-based plastic products. Polymer (polysaccharides) is used widely in food thickening and oil drilling applications. Different enzymes are widely used in bio-refineries. Ascorbic acid and Riboflavin are the most important vitamins derived from fermentation process.
This report projects the global fermentation ingredient market with trends and opportunities and its demand by 2022. This research study includes qualitative and quantitative analysis with comprehensive research methodologies and reliable projection to understand the present overview and predicting the market behavior during the forecast period. Our research teams have used various secondary resources and directories such as industrial databases, journals, and magazine along with primary resources coupled with industry oriented measures such as industry related expert interviews to obtain key information and valuables, which makes it an asset for players in the market.
Rise in demand for its fermentation-derived products among end-user industries drive the global fermentation ingredient market. This market has seen a sharp rise based on factors, such as growth of bio-ethanol and antibiotics industry in China. Rise in awareness among users for consumption of quality food, the polymer fermented ingredients market is expected to show rapid growth when compared to other types. North America majorly accounts for fermentation ingredient products. Threat from new entrants, surge in prices of raw materials and rapid developments of synthetic alcohol production is projected to restrain the growth. Moreover, budget allocation, accessibility of cheap raw material, and health risks due to fermentation pose threat to the growth of this market.
The fermentation ingredient market is segmented by process, type, end-user industry, and geography. It is segmented by process type as batch, continuous, and others. Others include aerobic and anaerobic processes. Based on the type it is categorized into amino acids, antibiotics, polymers, and others. Others include vitamins, enzymes, biogas, and organic acids. Furthermore, based on end-user industries it can be categorized as food & beverages, biopharmaceutical, agriculture, and others. Others include bioremediation, environment, and biochemistry. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
On September 25, 2015, Ajinomoto Co., Inc invested USD 20 Million at the Oakland Plant of Ajinomoto Windsor, Inc (AWI) to expand their frozen rice products production business in North America and full scale operations started in September 2016.
Major players operating in this market are Lallemand Inc. (Canada), Ajinomoto Corporation (Japan), Lonza (Switzerland), Angel Yeast Company ltd. (U.S.), Purolite Corporation (U.S.), Koninklijke DSM N.V (Netherlands), and Olon S.p.A (Italy).
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics through 2014-2022, which assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- This report provides a deep analysis of drivers and restraints on the market growth
- It offers an in-depth analysis of segmentation of fermentation ingredient within the market.
- Key players operating in the fermentation ingredients in recent years are listed.
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments within fermentation market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps understand the behavior of the market.
- This study evaluates competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
FERMENTATION-INGREDIENT KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
- Others (Aerobic and Anaerobic)
- Amino Acids
- Others (Vitamins, Enzymes, Biogas, and Organic Acids)
By End-User Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Others (Bioremediation, Environment, and Biochemistry)
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA