FACTS (Flexible Alternating Current Transmission System) are power electronics-based devices deployed for AC transmission of electrical energy. The system plays an important role in enhancing controllability and stability of AC systems, and increasing the power transfer ability of networks. FACTS are generally installed in grid transmission to reduce the losses occurring in the transmission line.
There are several drivers, restraints and opportunities shaping the future of the FACTS market. The growing demand for power infrastructure and control is the primary factor driving the market. However, lack of awareness about the benefits of FACTS has restricted the growth of the market. Moreover, evolution of smart grid and increase use of renewable sources for power generation are anticipated to create greater opportunities.
The FACTS market is segmented based on compensation type, application, component, industry and geography. The compensation types covered in the market research report include series compensation, shunt compensation and combined series and shunt compensation. The components discussed in the report include control systems, surge arresters, power electronic devices, phase-shifting transformers, reactors, capacitor banks, and others. Industries served by FACTS are oil and gas, railways, electric utilities, and others. Applications studied during the research are steady state as well as dynamic state. The regions analyzed in the study include include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
Prominent market players are acquiring new companies or local market players to maintain their competitive edge and expand their geographic presence. Other business strategies favored by the companies include new product launch, joint ventures, and collaborations. Prominent market players discussed in the market research report are General Electric, Eaton Corp PLC., Siemens AG., Alstom, Adani Power and many others.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The market research report provides extensive analysis of major drivers, restraints and opportunities influencing the industry growth, during the forecast period 20152020
- SWOT analysis of major brands highlights weaknesses, strengths, opportunities and threats. The data proves effective for business owners planning on designing their marketing and branding strategies
- Regionwise business performance discussed in the market research report would be valuable for enterprises planning to explore new areas
- The report not only examines the market dynamics but also takes a closer look at the growth rate and industrial chain structure
- Assessment of upstream and downstream market also forms an important part of the report
Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS) Market Key Segments :
By Compensation Type
- Series Compensation
- Shunt Compensation
- Combined series and shunt compensation
- Dynamic State
- Steady State
- Surge Arresters
- Power electronic Devices
- Phase-Shifting Transformers
- Control Systems
- Capacitor Banks
- Oil and Gas
- Electric utilities
- North America
- General Electric
- Siemens AG
- Eaton Corporation PLC
- ABB Ltd.
- Adani Power
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- American Electric Power
- NR Electric Co., Ltd.