Amino acids are chemicals made up of nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and a variable side chain group. They are used to make hormones and neurotransmitters. Protein hydrolysis, chemical synthesis, and microbiological (biotechnological) processes can all be used to make amino acids. It is taken as a supplement to improve sports performance or mood, prevent muscle loss, and encourage weight loss in a natural way. Threonine is a dietary amino acid that helps maintain protein balance, form collagen and elastic muscle tissue in the heart, and produce digestive enzymes. Amino acids are used in a wide range of applications, including flavor development, preservation, nutritional component/building block of protein, and specialty compounds like aspartame, which are expected to boost the industry growth.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- People are becoming more health-conscious, which has resulted in a rise in the use of dietary supplements to help maintain the daily dose of essential nutrients and proteins required by the body for optimal health.
- The market for food amino acids is being impacted by supply chain disruptions and partial closures of international ports for export–import activity.
- Manufacturers are dealing with production and supply challenges, and the supply–demand dynamics are unbalanced.
Top Impacting Factors
- There has been an increase in the demand for food amino acids in the recent years because of the rise in demand for processed and convenience meals. The need for food amino acids is also being fueled by customers' rise in desire for food and nutritional products that provide extra health advantages.
- The market is expected to develop in the coming years due to surge in demand for amino acids as functional foods and increase in use of glutamic acid as a flavor enhancer in various foods and drinks.
- Growth in demand for amino acids for various nutraceutical and dietary supplements is predicted to fuel the demand for amino acids throughout the review period, owing to the health benefits afforded by amino acids. As a result, amino acids are projected to have a wide range of applications, ranging from preservation to nutritional component/building block of protein.
Increase in Dietary Supplement Consumption
When it comes to dietary supplements, protein stays at the top of the list, and amino acids are known to be the building blocks of protein production. In human nutrition, amino acids have been discovered to provide a variety of functional effects. Glycine, for example, has been discovered to increase sleep quality, and leucine for its involvement in muscle protein synthesis, both of which contribute to the senior population living longer and healthier lives. Increased attention to the physiological effects of amino acids (BCAAs) on muscles has resulted from the rise in international athletic events, which is anticipated to present an opportunity for amino acid ingredient makers. In addition, consumer demand for products that do not modify their nutritional, mineral or calcium qualities is expected to experience growth.
Food Amino Acids market is dominated by Asia-Pacific
The Asia-Pacific region, followed by North America, has the biggest market share. The demand for food amino acids in the Asia-Pacific market is being fueled by an increase in the use of food amino acids as a flavor enhancer in the food sector, as well as a rise in customer concern about eating a healthy diet.
China, the Netherlands, Belgium, Indonesia, and the U.S. are the top importers of food amino acids. Imports and exports in industrialized countries are expanding at a steady rate, owing to rise in consumption of processed and convenient foods.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Food Amino Acids Market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Food Amino Acids Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Food Amino Acids Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Food Amino Acids Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Food Amino Acids Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Food Amino Acids Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Food Amino Acids Market?
Food Amino Acids Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Pangaea Sciences, Inc.,, Kyowa Hakko Kirin Group, Prinova Group LLC., Taiyo International, Kingchem LLC, Sigma-Aldrich, Co. LLC., Pacific Rainbow International, Inc., Daesang Corporation, Brenntag AG, Ajinomoto Co. Inc., Evonik Industries, Hugestone Enterprise Co., Ltd., Qingdao Samin Chemical Co., Ltd.