Food biotechnology is the field of biotechnology, which is used to modify genes of animals, plants, and microorganisms to create genetically modified products having high nutrition related properties. Genetically advanced products have benefitted farmers, producers, and consumers by increasing their yield and improving the quality of crops, which in turn is expected to drive the market.
The global food biotechnology market is driven by growth in demand for food and improved agricultural productivity. Moreover, increased government funding for R&D in food biotechnology is expected to boost the market growth. In addition, technological advancements have assisted in increasing the yield of crops along with improving shelf life, nutritional value, and pest resistance attribute. However, ethical issues associated with the production of genetically modified crops and the long research period restrain the market growth. Furthermore, increased funding from private & government sectors and growth in mergers between regional & international players are expected to fuel the market growth in the near future.
The report segments the global food biotechnology market on the basis of product and region. On the basis of product, it is divided into transgenic crops and synthetic biology derived products. The market is analyzed on the basis of region across North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and rest of LAMEA).
The key players profiled in the report include Bayer AG, Certis USA LLC., E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Evogene Ltd., KWS SAAT SE, Monsanto Company, Syngenta AG, The Dow Chemical Company, and Vilmorin & Cie.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analysed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- The report offers a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Exhaustive analysis of the global market helps to understand the genetically modified products that are used and the variants that are expected to gain prominence in the near future.
Food Biotechnology Market Key Segments:
- Transgenic Crops
- Synthetic Biology Derived Products
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA