Food colorant, also known as dye or pigment, is a coloring additive, which is added to food or beverages to impart color and to make them more appealing. These colorants not only give color to food &beverages but also help in maintaining and improving safety, nutritional value, freshness, taste, texture, and appearance of food & beverages.
With the advent of modern food processing and increase inneed for convenience foods, the importance of food colorants has increased significantly. In addition, food colorantsfind their applicationin dairy & frozen products, bakery, meat, poultry, and seafood, confectionery, oils & fats, nonalcoholic & alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, and others.
By type, the food colorants market is segregated into natural food colorants, synthetic food colorants, natural identical food colorants, and others. Out of these, the natural food colorants segment held a significant share in the global food colorant market, owing to easy availability of fruits and vegetables. In addition, consumer preference and health-promoting properties of natural food colorants drive their adoption, which significantly contribute toward the growth of the overall market.
Increase in applicationof food colorants and the expansion of food &beverage industry are expected to boost the growth of the food colorant marketduring the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 outbreak hasdisrupted the global economy by halting the operations of industriessuch as food & beverages and food colorants.
- Lockdown and social restrictions have declined the demand for certain food additives.
- Halt on export-import activities and shutting down of manufacturing units further hamperthe market for food colorants.
- To maintain social distancing, people have stopped dining out, which has negatively impacted the market for food colorants.This is attributed to the fact that restaurants and bars are the major consumers of food colorants.
- However, to restart economic activities, several restrictions have been eased, which might lead to the recovery of the demand for food additives.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers and impact analysis
Easy availability of raw materials required for manufacturing food colorants such asfruits, vegetables, and edible plants and high demand among consumers for food colorants coupled with increasing applications of food colorants in the food &beverage industry drivethe growth of the global food colorant market. Moreover, surge in demand for processed food and alcoholic & nonalcoholic beverages boosts the market growth for the food colorants, globally. Furthermore, rise indisposable income, rapid urbanization, changes in lifestyle, and continuous & ongoing product innovationbolster the global food colorants market.
The market might experience an internal substitution threat with increase inuse of natural food colors instead of synthetic food colorants. High degree of price volatility in raw materials is likely tolead to uncertainty in the market growth for the food colorants. In addition, the certifications and regulations regarding the use of food colorants are costly and stringent, which limitthe market growth. Many side effects on health and allergies are associated with the use of synthetic colors, which further hamperthe market growth for this product, globally.
On the contrary, high adoption of the product, increase in consumer awareness & demand, low threat from new entrants, and continuous innovation are anticipated to offer lucrative opportunities for the market growth.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global food colorants industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global food colorants market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global food colorants market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global food colorants market analysis dependingon competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global food colorants market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in the global food colorantsmarket?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Food Colorants Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
GNT Group, Sensient Colors LLC., Cargill Incorporated, Lycored, WILD Flavors and Specialty Ingredients, Sethness Caramel Color, Naturex, DDW The Colour House, RIKEN VITAMIN Co. Ltd., BASF SE, FMC Corporation, San-Ei Gen F.F.I. Inc., Hansen Holding A/S, Koninklijke DSM N.V.