Hydrocolloids are gums that are added to foodstuffs to control their functional properties such as thickening and gelling. Hydrocolloids are widely applicable in cosmetics and pharmaceuticals industry and are used in food & beverages industry as thickening agents, emulsifying agents, stabilizing agents, and gelling agents. These food hydrocolloids are produced from wide range of sources such as plants, animals, synthetic, microbial, and seaweed.
The factors that drive the demand for food hydrocolloids are its multi-functionality, increase in health awareness, and growth in demand for bakery & confectionery products. The key players in the market are continuously focused on R&D to provide innovative products to cater to their growing demand in processed & convenience foods. However, the stringent regulations pertaining to use of food stabilizer products is anticipated to hamper the growth of food hydrocolloids market during the forecast period.
The global food hydrocolloids market is segmented based on function, source, type, application, and geography. Based on function, itis classified into thickener, stabilizers, coating material, fat replacer, gelling agent, and others. The source type includes plant, animal, microbial, seaweed, and synthetic. On the basis of type, the market is categorized into carrageenan, gelatin, xanthan gum, alginates, agar, pectin, locust bean gum, gum Arabic, and others. On the basis of application, the market is divided into bakery & confectionery, meat & poultry products, beverages, sauces & dressing, dairy products, and others. Geographically, itis categorized into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the global food hydrocolloids market have strategically focused on product launch as their key strategy to gain significant share in the market.
The Key Players Profiled in the Report are:
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Cargill, Inc.
- CP Kelco
- Ashland Inc.
- Lubrizol Corporation
- Rousselot S.A.S.
- Kerry Group PLC.
- Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Fuerst Day Lawson
- TIC GUMs Inc.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the food hydrocolloids market.
- In-depth analysis of food hydrocolloids market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2014 and 2022 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of food hydrocolloids) help to understand the competitive scenario globally.
- Global food hydrocolloids industry analysis for factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Food hydrocolloids industry analysis is conducted by following key product positioning and monitoring the top competitors within the market framework.
- Key market players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which provide a competitive outlook of the food hydrocolloids industry trends.
Food Hydrocolloids Market Key Segments
- Coating Material
- Fat Replacer
- Gelling Agent
- Xanthan Gum
- Locust Bean Gum
- Gum Arabic
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Meat & Poultry Products
- Sauces & Dressing
- Dairy Products
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Other Players in the value chain, include
- Ingredion Inc.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Penford Corporation
- Royal DSM
- Archer Daniels Midland Company
- Ampak Company, Inc.
Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."