Food stabilizers are chemicals that help food preserve its physical properties. By binding their big molecules, these chemicals boost the food's stability and thickness. Food stabilizers are used to prevent the separation of substances that have been linked together by emulsifiers. Alginic acid, carrageenan, pectin, lecithin, mono & diglycerides, and gelatin are some of the most popular food stabilizers. These stabilizers are commonly used to keep the consistency of food products including dairy, salad dressings, low-fat spreads, and so on. They're typically used to prevent oil and water separation and spills in foods like salad.
It's also used in ice cream to keep ice crystals from developing. The market is growing due to the rising demand for customized food items, as food stabilizers are used to change and improve the quality and appearance of food products. International quality standards and regulations governing the use of food stabilizers, on the other hand, may stifle industry expansion.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- COVID-19 has made people more health conscious and this has led to rise in demand of processed foods. This will increase the demand for food stabilizers.
- COVID-19 has disrupted the supply chain this has made it difficult for the manufacturers to obtain raw material on time and this has led to lose of sales.
- Pandemic has led to the rise in demand of food emulsifiers this will have an effect on the demand for food stabilizers too.
Top Impacting Factors
- The increase in processed food consumption, the multi-functionality of food stabilizers, and the rise in the usage of natural ingredients in foods as a result of rising consumer awareness of a healthy diet are the main drivers of market expansion.
- Stabilizers are predicted to rise in popularity as a component in bread products, drinks, and convenience foods in developed countries across North America and Europe.
- Food and beverage makers benefit financially from the use of food stabilizer blends and systems, resulting in increased demand. Carrageenan, for example, is widely used as a dairy stabilizer to add thickness and a fuller mouth feel to ice creams, cheeses, and creamers, as well as beverages like chocolate milk.
The rising cost of raw materials increases the cost of production for food stabilizer makers, providing a significant issue
Prices of raw materials for hydrocolloids, which are used in blends and systems, have been fluctuating, causing market concern. Seaweed is a natural raw material for hydrocolloids, which are utilized in food and beverages for a variety of purposes including thickening, stabilizing, and gelling. The cost of hydrocolloid raw materials influences the cost of hydrocolloids, which in turn influences the cost of the finished meal.
Seaweed also provides gum sources such as carrageenan, agar, and alginates. Formulators evaluate costs and other variables when selecting gum sources for applications such as tortillas and ice cream. The market costs of raw seaweed supplies will continue to rise in the next years, according to Hydrocolloid News, a weekly published by IMR International, a hydrocolloid consulting organization in San Diego. Food stabilizer manufacturers' product and operational costs will increase as raw material prices rise. Carrageenan, agar, and alginates are all gum sources found in seaweed. When selecting gum sources for applications such as tortillas and ice cream, formulators consider cost and other factors.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market?
Food Stabilizers (Blends & Systems) Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
DowDuPont Inc., BASF SE, CP Kelco, Ashland, Inc., Tate & Lyle PLC, KG Ingredion Inc., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Hydrosol GmbH & Co., Palsgaard A/S, Kerry Group PLC, NEXIRA, Cargill Inc.