Fresh figs are the fruits of fig tree that only produce fruit once a year. Figs are native to the Mediterranean region, although they are currently farmed all over the world. Fresh figs, on the other hand, have a different value in different parts of the world. The growth in awareness of the health benefits of fresh figs has propelled the global market for fresh figs, which is expected to continue to grow in the future years. The need for health-based food and functional food products including fresh fig ingredients has fueled the expansion of the fresh fig market. Furthermore, rise in public awareness of the health benefits of fresh figs is expected to increase the fresh figs market in the future years. The rise in demand for fresh figs in countries like Brazil, China, and India presents a huge market opportunity for the fresh figs market's major players.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 has a direct and detrimental influence on the global market for fresh figs. A disrupted distribution system tends to diminish figs consumption globally, due to which value addition activities were significantly impacted.
- Changes in consumer spending, labor availability, logistics, and trade are all expected to have an impact on fresh figs market.
- COVID-19 has made consumers more health conscious and they now consume healthier foods. This is anticipated to benefit the fresh figs market; as there is huge growth potential in the market.
Top Impacting Factors
- A large number of health-conscious people around the world are looking for low-cost, high-nutrient alternatives. Fresh figs serve this role, and their use as a natural sweetener in the food and beverage industries has expanded as a result.
- Though transportation and storage of fresh figs is a problem, producers are finding ways around it by making marmalades and concentrates of fresh figs, which have a longer shelf life and are easier and less expensive to transport.
- Fresh figs are most common in the Mediterranean region, which produces the world's largest volume of fresh figs. Fresh figs cultivated in the Mediterranean are also in high demand due to the large number of vitamins, amino acids, and antioxidants they contain.
Fresh Figs Grown Organically are still in High Demand
Organic food products have exploded in popularity around the world. Fresh figs have the same growth pattern as dried figs. As there is a large demand for organic fresh figs in North America and Europe, growers of fresh figs in a variety of countries, including Turkey, the U.S., and Greece, have increased growing figs organically to capitalize on the current market trend for organic products.
Furthermore, when compared to ordinary fresh figs, organic fresh figs have a higher market value. Organic dried fig producers, on the other hand, outnumber organic fresh fig producers. This is because fresh figs have a shorter shelf life, necessitating the addition of preservatives to extend their shelf life. The biological quality of the figs is thus lost. Organic fresh figs are also in high demand throughout the Middle East, particularly in the UAE, where people have become more aware of the benefits of organic products.
Weather Fluctuations have a Negative impact on fresh fig production, widening the demand-supply gap
Climate change has occurred all across the world, and this had a significant impact on agricultural productivity. The regional climate in Mediterranean countries also varies significantly. As fresh figs only grow once a year in a specific season, any bad climatic conditions could have a severe impact on the fruit's production and quality. Fresh figs are very susceptible to illnesses; therefore the impact of climate on fig production is a crucial factor affecting availability.
Turkey, which is located in the Mediterranean region, is one of the world's main fig producers. Variable weather circumstances in this region have severely limited the production output causing market instability in both fresh and dried figs. The value of fresh fig production in Turkey has been impacted by the country's changing environment, resulting in a major decrease in fresh fig production. Many other locations, on the other hand, have begun to produce fig trees, which may help to narrow the overall demand-supply gap.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the fresh figs market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the fresh figs market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the fresh figs market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed fresh figs market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Fresh Figs Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the fresh figs market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is fresh figs market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the fresh figs market?
Fresh Figs Market Report Highlights
By Distribution channel
Key Market Players
Hadley Fruit Orchards Inc., Athos Agricola S.A., Roland Foods LLC, Yabanfood, Earl's Organic Produce, FruitLips, Meurens Naturals S.A., Valley Fig Growers Inc., Kirlioglu Figs, Jiaherb Inc.