Dumplings are a sort of traditional Chinese dish that is popular around the Chinese New Year and throughout the year in China's Northern provinces. Dumplings are popular in different parts of Asia and Western countries, despite being considered a Chinese dish. It is also known as ‘Jiaozi' in Northern China; ‘Gaau ji', ‘Wor tip', and ‘Guotie' in several southern Chinese provinces; ‘Peking ravioli' in Boston and ‘potstickers' in other states in the U.S. and many other western countries; ‘Gyoza' in Japan; and ‘momo' in Nepal. It is made up of ground beef and/or vegetable filling wrapped in a thinly rolled piece of dough and sealed by pressing the edges together. Jiaozi can be boiled, steamed, or pan-fried when done. Frozen boiler dumplings are a type of dish that may be enjoyed at any time due to the fast freezing of the wrapped dumplings.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The current COVID-19 outbreak, which has disrupted worldwide trade and industry, is predicted to suffocate the frozen dumplings market. The drop in demand has harmed producers.
- Apart from demand, the COVID-19 outbreak has wreaked havoc on the supply chain, due to which enterprises have encountered severe delay in procuring the raw materials they need. This has made inventory management extremely challenging for producers.
- The lockdown limits imposed by COVID-19, along with staffing shortfall, resulted in a decrease in frozen dumpling output and sales.
Top Impacting Factors
- The frozen dumpling market has expanded globally as people's lifestyles have changed and instant meals have become more popular.
- Other factors that contribute to the growth of the worldwide frozen dumplings market include an increase in the number of working women, surge in the use of frozen food, and rise in the desire to take clever shortcuts.
- Frozen food has filled new nutritional needs these days, and frozen dumplings are one of the most essential food types that help to meet these needs. In the years ahead, rise in wealth and a growth in interest in international and ethnic cuisine are likely to fuel substantial expansion in the worldwide frozen dumplings industry.
Use of Clove and Rosemary Extracts to Prevent Lipid and Protein Oxidation
During frozen storage, oxidation is a primary cause of nutritional and quality loss in dumplings. Spice extracts added to frozen dumplings may help to reduce and prevent oxidative damage. Dumplings when stored at -7 °C show significantly higher lipid and protein oxidation. This leads to pungent smell in dumplings. The percentage of unsaturated fats in them increases due to oxidation of dumplings. Oxidation causes dumplings to lose their flavor.
Frozen dumpling manufacturers therefore have tried to find solution to avoid this oxidation problem. In terms of thiobarbituric acid-reactive compounds and protein carbonyls production, clove and rosemary extracts dramatically reduce lipid and protein oxidation. Rosemary extract is more effective than clove extract. They provide antioxidant properties to the dumpling, which give dumplings with higher breaking strength. Adding these extracts give the dumplings higher thermal stability, thus, adding these extracts is expected to give dumplings higher shelf life and help in boosting the market.
China to remain the Market Leader
China is the birthplace of Jiaozi and the largest country for frozen dumpling production, however, Korea, Japan, and Taiwan are all well-established, and Europe, America, Africa, and the Middle East have significant potential. In China, despite the fact that many huge brands and companies entered the market early and earned considerable market share, many new and incoming small enterprises and brands are focused on niches with more authentic and handcrafted products.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the frozen dumplings industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the frozen dumplings market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the frozen dumplings market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed frozen dumplings market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Frozen Dumplings Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the frozen dumplings market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is frozen dumplings market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the frozen dumplings market?
Frozen Dumplings Market Report Highlights
By End user
Key Market Players
InnovAsian Cuisine, CJ CheilJedang, General Mill, Day-Lee Foods, Inc., CPF, Hakka Pty Ltd, Wei Chuan Foods, Yutaka, Way Fong, Synear, Sanquan Food, Ajinomoto