Fruit juice is a non-fermented liquid prepared by squeezing or macerating fruits mechanically. Avocado juice enhances natural energy in the body; watermelon juice keeps the body hydrated and improves metabolism; papaya juice aids digestion; lemon juice fights viral infections, and pineapple juice lowers cholesterol levels. Fruit juice is one of the most extensively consumed beverages on the planet, thanks to its refreshing taste and longer shelf life. Fruit juice, with its refreshing taste and longer shelf life, is one of the most widely consumed beverages on the planet.The worldwide fruit and vegetable juice business is being driven by rise in health concerns. Fruit and vegetable juices are high in nutritious components, and a lack of them can lead to a variety of ailments and disorders. As a result, the nutritional benefits of fruit and vegetable juice serve as a motivator for their intake. Orange juice is the most popular fruit juice worldwide, accounting for over 30% of total demand.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- Fruit juice consumption rose significantly during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic due to its health benefits.
- People have become more health conscious as a result of COVID-19, which has led to an increase in the consumption of fruit juice to help maintain the body's daily intake of critical nutrients and vitamins required for optimal health.
- Supply chain problems affect the fruit juice sector. The supply–demand dynamics are lopsided, and manufacturers struggle with production and supply issues.
Top Impacting Factors
- Soft drinks, such as colas and flavored sodas, are being consumed less internationally due to their high sugar content, artificial coloring, phosphoric acid, artificial sweeteners, and caffeine, all of which are harmful to the human body. As a result, many consumers have switched from carbonated beverages to natural fruit juices.
- Consumers' changed lifestyle and eating habits have resulted in higher intake of economical, healthy, and quick sources of nourishment, such as packaged fruit juices, which drive the market's rise.
- Manufacturers develop a wide range of tastes and produce preservative-free and sugar-free fruit juices in order to broaden the consumer base. Furthermore, the global demand for fruit juices is being boosted by growth in the food and beverage industry.
Demand for Fortified Juices is on the Rise
Fruit juices supplemented with functional additives present new product potential for companies that can understand consumer preferences, develop and market functional fruit juice products that fulfill those expectations. Omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, bioactive chemicals, vitamins, and probiotic bacteria are just a few of the functional components that the juice industry can use to create new products. Fruit juices are supplemented with vitamins to improve their nutritional profile. Vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin A, and vitamin C are just a few of the vitamins that are commonly found in fruit juices.
Various government projects are underway around the world, particularly in developing nations such as China and India, to encourage the consumption of fortified foods and beverages. The rise in demand for functional beverages has fueled the expansion of the fortified juices market. In addition, growth in knowledge of the health benefits of drinking fortified juices is a crucial factor that drives global demand for fortified juices. However, due to shifting pricing and region-specific availability of raw material, the market is encountering roadblocks in its growth. To gain a broader consumer base, market participants are focused on their R&D initiatives to create juices with unique flavors and diverse fortifying ingredients. Vendors have formed alliances and partnerships in order to create a more efficient distribution network.
In the Worldwide Fruit Juice Market, Europe is the Market Leader
The region's consumers' fast-paced modern lifestyles and high income levels have resulted in an increase in demand for on-the-go fruit drinks. North America, Asia Pacific, Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa follow Europe. Europe is the world's largest market for fruit juices, accounting for 55 percent of global imports. Despite a decrease in the usage of retail-packaged juices, imports continue to rise. This is due to the growth in usage of foreign juices as ingredients in a variety of beverages. Exporters from developing countries continue to have chances in large importing and consuming markets such as Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany, and the UK.
The high-value segments of not-from-concentrate (NFC) juices, super fruit juices, and the usage of fruit juices as ingredients in soft-drink "detox" beverages offer the highest potential. Exports to Europe are usually in the form of semi-finished goods (bulk tanks, drums, and containers), with consumer goods being packaged by European bottling businesses. Fruit juice exports are possible in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany, and the UK. Apart from the main countries, emerging markets in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as growing markets such as Poland, offer prospects.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the fruit juice industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the fruit juice market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the growth scenario of the fruit juice market.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers and suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed fruit juice market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the Fruit Juice Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the fruit juice market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is fruit juice market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the fruit juice market?
Fruit Juice Market Report Highlights
By Concentration Type
Key Market Players
PepsiCo, Dr Pepper Snapple, Welch Foods and Mott, Coca Cola Company, Odwalla Inc., True Organic, Ocean Spray, Döhler Group, Nestle SA, Del Monte Food, Hershey