Galacto Oligosaccharides (GOS) also referred as oligogalactose are non-digestible food ingredients, which enhance host health by selectively stimulating activity or growth of one or limited number of bacteria in colon. They are manufactured through enzymatic conversion of lactose and contain short chains of galactose molecules. Galacto Oligosaccharides promote growth of good bacteria in small intestine and keep bad bacteria such as E. Coli away from the intestine walls. They do this by mimicking intestinal walls appearance, so that unfriendly bacteria gets attached to them instead of intestinal walls and are then flushed away through the intestinal tract. These ingredients also assist in better absorption of certain minerals including calcium and thus its supplementation help in preventing osteoporosis. GOS and good bacteria together play a significant role in reducing the number of allergic reactions in human body, preventing urinary & vaginal infections, alleviating dermatitis & other skin conditions, and assisting in maintaining integrity of intestinal tract. GOS also assists in regulating bowel movements and provides relief from constipation.
Growth in infant population and increase in health consciousness among consumers are primary factors that drive the galacto oligosaccharides market across the globe. Upsurge in demand of functional foods and product innovation are other factors, which supplement the market growth. Asia-Pacific is expected to register substantial growth due to growth in population and rise in disposable incomes in emerging economies such as China and India. Increase in competition of substitutes such as Isomaltooligosaccharide (IMO) and lack of awareness among consumers regarding benefits of galacto oligosaccharide hinder the market growth. However, continuous innovation in terms of production techniques is projected to provide potential growth opportunities for market expansion.
The report segments the galacto oligosaccharides market on the basis of application and geography. Based on application, the market is divided into infant formulas (infant meal replacement drinks, baby yogurt drinks, baby juice, baby snack, and baby dessert), dairy products (yogurt and frozen dairy dessert), food supplements, beverages, bakery & confectionery, and others (cereals and ice cream). By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market focus on key market strategies such as product launch, acquisition and expansion to strengthen their market reach to maintain their position in the competitive market.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players provided in the report are as follows:
- ABO Switzerland Co., Ltd.
- Clasado Limited
- Ingredion Inc.
- New Francisco Biotechnology Corporation Limited
- Nissin Sugar Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Qingdao FTZ United international Inc.
- Royal FrieslandCampina NV
- Taiwan Fructose Co., Ltd.
- Wuxi Cima Science Co., Ltd.
- Yakult Pharmaceutical Industry Co., Ltd.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends and estimations from 2017 to 2023 of the global galacto oligosaccharides market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to individual market revenue.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- An in-depth analysis of current research & clinical developments within the market is provided with key dynamic factors.
- Key players and their key developments in the recent years are listed.
Galacto Oligosaccharides (Gos) Market Key Segments:
- Infant Formulas
- Infant Meal Replacement Drinks
- Baby Yogurt Drinks
- Baby Juice
- Baby Snack
- Baby Dessert
- Dairy Products
- Frozen Dairy Dessert
- Food Supplements
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Others (Cereals and Ice Cream)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
Other Market Players
- Baolingbao Biology, Co., Ltd.
- Danisco A/S
- First Milk Ltd.
- Great Ocean Ingredients Pty Ltd.
- Hipp GmbH & Co. Vertrieb KG
- Humana GmbH
- Kerry Group PLC
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company
- Mengniu Dairy Company Limited
- Morinaga Milk Industry Co., Ltd.
- Nippon Beet Sugar Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Olygose SAS
- Ordesa Group
- Samyang Genex Corporation
- Terio Co.