Glucose Syrup is a liquid created by the hydrolysis of glucose molecules, which is usually produced by wheat, corn, potato, and rice. It is used in the preparation of frozen desserts and baked goods as a sweetener. It has a lot of calories but none of them come from fat. Cornstarch is used to make glucose syrup, which contains a little amount of zinc, thiamine, and calcium. It is used to make beer and is even used to make homemade iced tea & lemonade drinks. It has mostly supplanted traditional granulated sugar as an alternative. It is widely used in the convenience food industry and is gaining popularity. The progressive rise of the glucose syrup market has influenced consumer behavior, which results in the rise of the market economy.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- COVID-19 is a global health emergency that is affecting the whole industry as well as all manufacturers. During the predicted period, the long-term impact is expected to be apparent in the industry's growth.
- According to ongoing research, the COVID-19 difficulties and probable paths in the future are anticipated to enhance the research framework to assure improved production integration. Consumer demand and purchase habits have shifted dramatically, and this analysis provided insight on COVID-19 difficulties.
- During the pandemic, considerable changes in consumer behavior & demand, purchasing patterns, supply chain re-routing; dynamics of current market forces, and government actions were observed.
Top Impacting Factors
- Glucose syrup has become increasingly popular due to its lengthy shelf life. Furthermore, it is a superior alternative to traditional granular sugar. The need for glucose syrup is driven by its non-toxic, anti-crystal, anti-freezing humectant (an ingredient that retains moisture and keeps freshness) and preservation characteristics.
- Apart from being used as a sweetener, glucose syrup is increasingly being used as a thickening agent. Furthermore, glucose syrup coats a food with a glaze, boosting its organoleptic value.
- Furthermore, the revenue of the leading competitors in the dextrose syrup market is predicted to be fueled by the strength of private label brands, the growth in desire to cut costs, and increased investments by the industries.
Rise in Usage of Glucose Syrup across Food and Beverage Industry
The global demand for baked goods, such as cakes, is skyrocketing. Furthermore, glucose syrup is widely utilized in the production of candy due to its consistency, which aids in the prevention of crystallization. Chefs choose glucose syrup as it does not alter the appearance of the product and enhances moisture retention, keeping baked goods fresh. Glucose syrups have become more popular in the confectionary industry, as they prevent grainy texture and retain a smooth texture.
Glucose syrup is an energy source for yeast, its use in the brewing business has grown. It is used to glaze fruit tarts and preserves; its use in the food business has expanded. As glucose syrup is made up of short carbs, it is easily digestible by both adults and children. All of these elements combined add significantly to the popularity of glucose syrup, which is expected to aid in the market's expansion during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific Remains the Market Leader
In terms of revenue, Asia-Pacific had the greatest market share of 30 percent in 2018. China and India continue to be the leading market due to the increased demand for glucose syrup in these countries, as well as the growth in need for a sugar substitute in these nations. To tackle disorders like diabetes and obesity, consumers are looking for more natural and healthier alternatives to conventional sugar.
Europe is expected to be one of the major regional markets over the projection period due to rise in demand for the syrup in France and Germany. Asia-Pacific is predicted to be the fastest-growing regional market due to improved eating habits and the adoption of western culture in emerging countries. The introduction of new players and brands, as well as the availability of organic snacks on e-commerce platforms in countries such as India and China, are likely to drive the region's dextrose syrup market expansion.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the glucose syrup industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the glucose syrup market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the glucose syrup market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed glucose syrup market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Glucose Syrup Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the glucose syrup market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is glucose syrup market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the glucose syrup market?
Glucose Syrup Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
L'Epicerie, Tate and Lyle, Queen Fine Foods, Archer Daniels Midland, Beneo, Cargill, Inc., Grain Processing Corporation, Roquette Freres, DGF Service, Agrana Group, Dr. Oetker, Avebe U.A., Karo Syrup, Bakers Kitchen, Ingredion