Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) is made from the seed, pulp, and white membranes of the sub-tropical citrus fruit, grapefruit, which is grown all over the world. Grape seed extract, a commercial derivative of whole grape seeds, provides several advantages as it is a natural antibacterial and antioxidant. Its benefits include weight loss, cellulite reduction, and immune system enhancement. It is made by blending grapefruit seeds and pulp into a highly acidic liquid. It aids in the treatment of high cholesterol, atherosclerosis, macular degeneration, poor circulation, and nerve damage as a dietary supplement comprising 50 or 100 mg of the extract in liquid form, pills, or capsules. Grapefruit seed extract is used to treat candidiasis, earaches, throat infections, and diarrhea. It has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal effects. Grapefruit seed extract is high in nutrients and phytochemicals, and contains vitamin C, sterols, tocopherols, and citric acid, limonoids, and trace minerals. It has a wide range of applications and benefits.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a significant impact on food supply chains, causing bottlenecks in farm labor, processing, transportation, and logistics, as well as significant demand shifts. In the face of these challenges, food supply chains have shown amazing resilience, which has had an impact on grapeseed extract market growth.
- Xclear Inc. has published favorable clinical trial findings for its novel nasal spray for COVID-19 sufferers, which contains grape seed extract and xylitol. The demand for grape seed extract increased as a result of this.
- COVID-19 has made people more health conscious due to which demand for grape seed extract has risen.
Top Impacting Factors
- Growth in consumer awareness of grape seed extract as a functional ingredient that benefits in weight loss, cellulite reduction, and immune system improvement is likely to drive market expansion.
- Furthermore, these extracts are used to treat ailments such as candidiasis, throat infections, earaches, and diarrhea, resulting in a considerable increase in market growth.
- In addition, in countries such as the U.S., where heart disease is the leading cause of death, are encouraging dietary supplement manufacturers to increase the use of grape seed extracts in the formulation of health supplements in the coming years in order to reduce the occurrence of heart diseases.
Grape Seed Extract is in Higher Demand in the Pharmaceutical Industry
As it is a more cost-effective way of obtaining plant-based antioxidants, grape seed extract is commonly included in nutritional supplements. These supplements are offered for a variety of objectives, including aesthetic, cardiovascular support, and vision improvement. To compete in this product area, companies are investing on product innovation. In France, for example, Bluebonnet Nutrition Corporation introduced a super fruit grape seed extract made from Champagne grape seeds. Moreover, most of the dietary and nutraceutical supplements contain the powdered form of grape seed extracts as it is affordable and very convenient to use. UK-based company Bulk Powder launched seed extract powder made from red grapes, which can be consumed by gluten- and lactose-intolerant consumers.
Companies invest in product innovations in order to purify, improve, and evaluate their products through technological advancements in order to achieve varied levels of stability, dispersibility, and flowability. The product's polyphenol content lowers metabolic syndrome, reduces obesity-related health concerns, and promotes cardiovascular health and wellness, all of which should boost demand. Growth in consumer health consciousness and a tendency toward plant-based product consumption is expected to boost the industry's overall size.
High Usage in Pet Food Industry
Consumer’s awareness of the benefits of grapes has grown over time, resulting in increased use of grapes as additions in animal feed formulas. People desire to give the best available food sources for their dogs as they are considered members of the family. Grape seed extract is a typical antioxidant and polyphenol in pet food formulas, and it helps to boost immunological responses and neuron functionality. As a result, pet food producers are responding to consumer demand by developing new products containing grape seed extract.
Grape seed extract has a number of chemicals that are beneficial to a pet's heart and lung health. Soluble fibers and flavonoids are present in the component, which aid to raise HDL cholesterol while reducing LDL cholesterol and triglycerides. Grape seed extract contains vitamin C, which can help to strengthen the immune system. The demand for dietary supplements for animals has driven the usage of grape seed extract products by pets.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the grape seed extract market industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the grape seed extract market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the grape seed extract market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed grape seed extract market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Grape Seed Extract Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the grape seed extract market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is grape seed extract market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the grape seed extract market?
Grape Seed Extract Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Augusto Bellinvia Srl, Polyphenolics, Hunan NutraMax Inc., Nexira, Naturex, S.P.A., NetQem LLC, Piping Rock Health Products LLC, Jianhe Biotech Co. Ltd., Botanic Innovations LLC