Guanylic Acid Market Research, 2031
The global guanylic acid market was valued at $1.4 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $2.4 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 5.3% from 2022 to 2031.
Guanylic acid is a nucleotide used in RNA as a monomer. It is an ester of phosphoric acid and guanosine nucleoside. During protein synthesis, it is composed of the phosphate group, the pentose sugar ribose, and the nucleobase guanine. It is utilized in fat-based desserts, canned or bottled vegetables, bakery goods, processed cheese, fat spreads, dried vegetables, semi-preserved fish and fish products, processed fruit, cooked or fried vegetables, spices and condiments, breakfast cereals, pre-cooked pastas, batters, processed meat and poultry, egg-based desserts, soups and broths.
Guanylic acid is a flavor enhancer that can be used as a food additive and is extensively utilized. It contributes to an increase in the salt's intensity, hence reducing the amount of salt that is required. In addition, it is frequently combined with monosodium glutamate (MSG), These molecules, when combined, collaborate to produce umami, which is the fifth basic taste and can be thought of as savory or meaty.
Guanylic acid is used food industry as a taste enhancer and food additives. Guanylic acid is utilized as a flavor enhancer in soups, processed meals, cured meat, and savory sauces, among others, in the flavor formulation industries and other variables. Dipotassium guanylate does not possess a distinct flavor. It enhances the original flavor of the food. The demand for low-sodium, low-fat, and low-carbohydrate products is one of the primary reasons for the rise in flavor consumption. In addition, guanylic acid also acts as a preservative for some particular foods. All these factors increase the demand for guanylic acid in food industry and drives the market.
Additionally, guanylic acid can alter the body's pH levels. These effects are not harmful in the short term; however, continuous consumption can cause inflammation due to an acidic body state. A person's susceptibility to disease is increased by an inflamed immune system. Guanylic acid has the potential to trigger an allergic reaction in some people. The GMP that is cooked with food has been genetically modified and is produced using microorganisms that have been extracted from yeast cells. Some variants even include extracts derived from dried fish or sardines in their composition. Because of this, it is strongly recommended that people who are allergic to either food avoid taking GMP. Consuming guanylic acid is not recommended for those who suffer from asthma. All these health risk related to guanylic acid can hamper the growth of guanylic acid market.
In addition, The major vendors are always working hard to expand their customer base and grow their market share by investing in R&D (research and development) as well as new products and services available on the market. These creates lucrative opportunity for the guanylic acid market. The increasing food industry in Japan and south Korea will increase the demand for guanylic acid. In addition, the pharmaceutical sector is also expanding in south Korea and Japan and will create lucrative opportunity for the market players of guanylic acid.
Guanylic acid market is segmented on the basis of salt type, application, end-use industry and region. Depending on salt type, the market is categorized into disodium guanylate, dipotassium guanylate and calcium guanylate. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into flavoring agent, taste enhancer and others. On the basis of end-use industry, the market is categorized into cosmetics, food & beverage and others. On the basis of region, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Major players operating in the global Guanylic acid market include AFINE CHEMICALS LIMITED, AHH Chemical Co., Ltd., AK Scientific Inc., Alichem Inc, Anhui BBCA Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., BOC Sciences, Chemspace, Conier Chem & Pharma Limited, DAYANG CHEM (HANGZHOU) CO., LTD, Hubei ipure Biotech Co., Ltd., Hunan Huateng Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Jinan Shangbo biotech Co, Ltd., Merck KGaA, Phenomenex Inc, Zhejiang Chengyi Pharmaceutical Co.Ltd.
Other players operating in the Guanylic acid market are YAMASA CORPORATION. Zhejiang, Qucheng Chemical Co., Ltd.
The disodium guanylate segment accounted for the largest share i.e., 62.45% and is the fastest growing segment, growing around 5.5% CAGR over the forecasted period, this is because it helps to boost the salt's potency.
The taste enhancer segment accounted for the largest share i.e., 47.48% and is the fastest growing segment, growing around 5.6% CAGR over the forecasted period. This is due to increased demand for packaged food.
The food and beverage segment accounted for the largest share i.e., 83.51% this is due to increased demand for guanylic acid as it enhances and heighten the flavor. Others segment is the fastest growing segment, growing around 5.5% CAGR over the forecasted period. This is due to increased demand for guanylic acid as it is used to treat iron deficiency and iron-deficiency anemia.
Asia-Pacific contributed the 36.10% market share in 2021 and is projected to grow at CAGR of 5.7% during the forecast period. Owing to the increased demand from cosmetics and food & beverage industries. Asia-Pacific has garnered major share in Guanylic acid market.
Japan and South Korea Overview
- In the Asia-Pacific area, demand for guanylic acid products is rising in Japan due to the country's strong need for savory flavors, followed by South Korea, which has the highest demand in the food and beverage flavor enhancer industry.
- Japan and South Korea are anticipated to see a high growth rate in the global guanylic acid market due to the high demand for guanylic acid as additives in the food and beverage industry.
- Changing consumption patterns, rapid urbanization, growing population, substantial economic development, and rising per capita income are the primary factors influencing the market's expansion.
IMPACT OF COVID-19 ON THE GLOBAL GUANYLIC ACID MARKET
- COVID-19 has spread across the globe and effected almost all aspects of life.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the guanylic acid market was negatively impacted.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, pharmaceutical, cosmetic, food and beverage, and other sectors were shut down. This decreased the demand for guanylic acid, which affected the guanylic acid market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic resulted in the implementation of lockdown, which restricted the production of guanylic acid and disrupted the global supply chain, resulting in a decline in market demand for guanylic acid.
- However, after the pandemic, as the supply chains return to normal after the restrictions were lifted, market participants in this market have explored for measures to minimize the pandemic's impact on their business.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the guanylic acid market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing guanylic acid market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the guanylic acid market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global guanylic acid market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Guanylic Acid Market Report Highlights
By Salt Type
By End Use Industry
Key Market Players
Phenomenex Inc, AHH Chemical Co., Ltd, Alichem Inc, Zhejiang Chengyi Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Merck KGaA, AFINE CHEMICALS LIMITED, Conier Chem & Pharma Limited, Jinan Shangbo biotech Co, Ltd, Chemspace, AK Scientific Inc., Hunan Huateng Pharmaceutical Co., BOC Sciences, DAYANG CHEM (HANGZHOU) CO., LTD, Hubei ipure Biotech Co., Anhui BBCA Pharmaceutical Co.
The demand for guanylic acid market is increasing due to increasing disposable income, rapid rate of urbanization, evolving lifestyle preferences, and developing economy. The guanylic acid market is anticipated to rise at a rapid rate due to the health-conscious customer base and extensive food industry use. Presence of purines restrains the global guanylic acid market. Individuals suffering from arthritis, gout, or uric acid kidney stones may experience a worsening of their condition if they consume guanylic acid, and in rare cases guanylic acid may even cause an allergic reaction.