The global demand of Haute cuisine is stagnantly rising as the population’s level of income is rising. The market of Haute cuisine is niche. With the increasing trend of people preferring high-end cuisines and living a lavish and luxurious lifestyle among the rich population, the industry is performing very well.
Haute cuisine or grande cuisine is the cuisine of "high-level" establishments, gourmet restaurants and luxury hotels. Haute cuisine is characterized by the meticulous preparation and careful presentation of food at a high price. The food in Haute Cuisine puts emphasis on quality instead of quantity. The quantity is very low but is of topmost premium quality. The Food is prepared in an elegant or elaborate manner. The French word “haute” translates as high or superior. It consists of Desserts, Western food, Chinese food, Korean Food among others. It is considered a luxury cuisine and naturally a majority of the population isn’t aware of the cuisine as it is generally exclusive to luxury hotels. Haute Cuisine is aggressively bland.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The rampant spread of COVID-19 has created a negative impact on the many business sectors and industries including the Haute Cuisine market.
- Production activities including that of Haute Cuisine came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials and shortage of labor due to the pandemic.
- Also, due to restriction of movements and transportation, supply chain and logistics of businesses including that of Haute Cuisine have been disrupted.
- As luxury hotels were closed down during the lockdown and still working with a low capacity. Luxury cuisines such as Haute is a complimentary good to the luxury goods. When demand for one complimentary good falls, demand of the other complimentary good also falls.
- Tourism being one of the most severely affected industries in COVID-19 pandemic, the travelers were forced to stay at home and couldn’t enjoy the luxury cuisine.
- However, Tourism industry will see a booming comeback as soon as the pandemic ends, the demand for Haute Cuisine will steadily make a comeback.
- The ongoing trade wars of China with other nations especially USA because China being blamed for the spread of corona virus and the conspiracy theories revolving around it has adversely affected almost every industry including Haute Cuisine as China is the largest nation going by the population.
- People’s main source of earning has been adversely affected. The main focus of the majority population has been to focus on the procurement of necessity goods. Luxury articles such as Haute cuisine aren’t given a preference during the COVID-19 situation.
- Although, Food and Beverages industry survived and thrived in the pandemic thanks to the online food delivery channels such as Zomato, Swiggy, Uber Eats and Food Panda. The luxurious Haute cuisine is prominently enjoyed with distinct cutlery which luxury hotels provide. The handling and packaging of such items posed a hurdle in the industry’s overall growth.
- The overall market industry of Haute Cuisine has seen a tremendous decline in the COVID-19 pandemic. It will take at least more than a year before everything gets back to normal again.
Top Impacting Factors
Rising income of population.
- The market of Haute Cuisine is very niche and the trend of YOLO – You Only Live Once has inspired people to live their lives to the fullest and enjoy delicacies of various high-end places. The last decade saw a tremendous hike in the demand luxurious food and cuisines.
- The demonstration effect has led to the boom in the business of high-end cuisines.
- Many celebrities and brand influencers as well as bloggers and vloggers when visiting these luxury hotels and trying out the food influences their fan base by keeping them updated about the cuisine and other things through their social media handles.
The food and beverage industry faces constant change and various challenges but that hasn’t stopped the industry from flourishing. As a whole, the business will continue to thrive, but luxury cuisines are currently facing the severe dilemma of COVID-19.
A hotel or a restaurant’s menu trends are not meant to stay the same forever. They are bound to change with continuously evolving trends. The big players of Haute cuisine revitalize their menu every once in a while, even when there aren’t trend changes. These trends allow them to evaluate food concept and room update menus.
Health-conscious movement continues
People are more concerned about their health nowadays. Younger generations are willing to pay higher prices for healthy cuisines specifically tied to buzzwords such as Gluten-free, all-natural, or organic. The dilemmas such as COVID-19 still sits with many adults, but it hasn’t dissuaded people from paying more for healthier cuisine options. These new trends in the industry will probably stick around as it seems only to continue growing.
Small menus dominate
Menu variety plays a substantial role in every cuisine experience. A huge menu is the restaurant’s attempt to make something for everyone, rather than doing a few things really well. The extreme niche market of luxury cuisines such as Haute cuisine are rich folks. They don’t like to waste their precious time by looking at a large menu. Crafting a short menu or splitting menus between meal periods is a smart move that has been taken by the dominating players of the luxurious hotel chains which include Haute cuisine in their menus. These menu trends directly impact profitability.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Haute Cuisine industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Haute Cuisine market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Haute Cuisine market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Haute Cuisine market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the Report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the Haute Cuisine market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is " Haute Cuisine " Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the " Haute Cuisine " Market?
Haute Cuisine Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
China Club, Cafe Gray, Gough's on Gough, Pierre Gagnaire, Astrance, Le Cinq, Le Meurice, Ledoyen