Head-Up displays, also known as HUDs, are transparent displays which exhibit information or data in a manner that does not require the user to look away or lose focus on the task at hand. HUDs fulfil the safety, comfort and entertainment needs of users. HUDs also offer several other advantages; for instance, they do not disturb the concentration of the user when driving (which leads to less accidents), and they provide easy access to information. The main factors responsible for the growth of the Head-Up Display market are the growing focus on active safety systems, the demand for luxury and high-end cars and the growth of the Pico projector market (HUDs use pico projectors to project an image).HUDs were initially developed for military and aviation purposes; however, they are currently used in automobile, civil aviation, gaming and sports and infotainment applications. Although HUDs are not a new technology, extensive research regarding the same is still being conducted. The launch of portable HUDs at lower prices may spur the growth of HUDs in low and middle car segments. Major car manufacturers such as AUDI and BMW are collaborating with HUD manufacturers to introduce HUDs in the middle car segment. Substantial investment required for production and minimal adoption are factors which inhibit the growth of the HUD market. Some of the key players in the market are Delphi, Shenzhen Sunway Industry Co., Ltd., Rockwell Collins Inc., Thales SA, Continental AG, Elbit Systems Ltd., Delphi Automotive Plc, DENSO Corporation and Nippon Seiki Co. Ltd.
To enable an in-depth analysis, the global Head-Up Display market is segmented based on components, applications and geography. Different components of the HUD are projector, video generator, combiner and others. Head-Up Displays are used in engineering, science, aviation, automotive, gaming videos, medicine and military applications. Analysis is carried out across different regions, namely, North America, Europe, APAC and LAMEA. In terms of applications, defence and automotive are major revenue generating sectors. The growing demand for enhanced safety coupled with luxury, and the increased per capita income of consumers would drive the market. North America is the global leader due to increased expenditure on military and civil aviation.
- The report showcases current and future trends in the global Head-Up Display market to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
- Segmentation of the global Head-Up Display market provides an in-depth analysis of applications and end users in different regions
- Drivers & opportunities are examined to identify the current factors which are responsible for market growth and upcoming technologies that would boost market growth in the future are included
- Current and future trends are charted to determine the overall attractiveness of the market
- The report provides details about top competitors and their winning strategies
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 would determine the financial caliber of the market
Head-Up display Market Key Segments:
The global Head-Up Display market is segmented based on components, applications and regions.
- Video Generator
- Civil Aviation
- North America