The global high electron mobility transistor market size was valued at $6.2 billion in 2021, and is projected to reach $9.3 billion by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2022 to 2031.
A high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) is a field effect transistor which incorporates a junction between two types with different band gaps as the channel instead of a doped region. The primary characteristics of a HEMT device includes operation at higher frequencies thus increasing its applications in high frequency equipment like mobile phones, satellite television receivers, voltage converters, and radar equipment. Ample investments and developments of HEMTs by key players is expected to drive the growth of the HEMT market. However, lack of standard techniques to produce and develop HEMT devices is expected to pose one of the major threats for the market. Furthermore, high demand for new HEMT technologies in aerospace & defense and automotive industry are expected to offer lucrative opportunities for the growth of the global high electron mobility transistor industry.
The high electron mobility transistor market is segmented into Type and End User.
By type, the market is divided into gallium nitride (GaN), silicon carbide (SiC), gallium arsenide (GaAs) and others. Gallium Nitride (GaN) holds the largest market share.
By end user, the market is analyzed across consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, aerospace & defense and others. Consumer Electronics holds the largest market share.
Region wise, the high electron mobility transistor market trends are analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East, and Africa). Asia-Pacific accounted for the highest high electron mobility transistor market share, owing to the expansion of the semiconductors market and rise in sales of EVs.
The notable factors positively affecting the global high electron mobility transistor market growth include high investments and developments of HEMT devices along with the increase in technological advancements in high electron mobility transistor industry. However, lack of standard techniques to produce and develop HEMT transistor devices is anticipated to hinder the market growth. Moreover, high demand for new HEMT technologies in defense and automotive sectors act as the high electron mobility transistor market opportunity during the forecast period.
Competitive analysis and profiles of the major high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) market players that have been provided in the report include, such as Infineon, Intel Corporation, Microsemi, Mitsubishi, NXP Semiconductor N.V., Qorvo, Renesas Electronics, ST Microelectronics, Texas Instruments and Wolfspeed.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the high electron mobility transistor market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing high electron mobility transistor market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the high electron mobility transistor market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global high electron mobility transistor market forecast, trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
High Electron Mobility Transistor Market Report Highlights
By End User
Key Market Players
Renesas Electronics, Wolfspeed, Texas Instruments, Mitsubishi, Infineon, ST Microelectronics, Qorvo, NXP SEMICONDUCTORS, Intel Corporation, Microsemi
The global high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) market is competitive, owing to strong presence of existing vendors. The companies associated with the market with access to extensive technical and financial resources, are anticipated to gain a competitive edge over their rivals, as they have the capacity to cater to the market requirements. The competitive environment in this market is expected to further intensify with increase in technological innovations, product extensions, and different strategies adopted by firms.
The HEMT market holds a substantial scope for growth on a global scale. Its contribution to the market is anticipated to increase significantly during the forecast period. Recent discoveries and innovations have created vast opportunities for numerous players to step in the global high electron mobility transistor (HEMT) market.
Ample investments on and developments of HEMTs by key players are expected to drive the growth of the HEMT market. However, lack of standard techniques to produce and develop HEMT devices is expected to be one of the major threats for the market.