High fructose corn syrup is a sweetener in a liquid form made by breaking down starch into glucose by enzymes and further processed to convert some of its glucose into fructose. HFCS has often compared with sugar and have some advantages over it such as longer shelf life, cost-effective, low freezing point and enhances the taste and texture. HFCS comes with two different variants; ‘HFCS 42’ comes with 42% fructose composition and ‘HFCS 55’ comes with 55% composition and the rest being glucose and water in the liquid.
COVID-19 Scenario Analysis:
Corona virus has spread all over the world and most of the countries are adopting lockdown measures to control the spread of the virus for securing public health. All business and production activities are fully shut down except food and medical sector or other, leading toward economic crisis in the country. Manufacturing and production functions are stopped which has slowed down the business and inactive trade and transportation has fully disrupted the supply chain because of which companies can face big losses in near future.
Top Impacting Factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
Increase in population with growing awareness among them about the products available in the market are the factors for the growth of the market. Consumers are wisely choosing high fructose corn syrup over sugar and sucrose and substituting their uses either in the food & beverage industry or household as it has long shelf life, low freezing point, is cost-effective, and provides better taste & texture to the food & beverages, which is the reason behind the traction of the consumer toward HFCS and raised its demand in the market.
The global high fructose corn syrup market trends are as follows:
Surge in usage in food industry and in pharmaceutical industry
The benefit of using HFCS over sugar is replacing sugar usage in the food & beverage industry. HFCS 42 has lower fructose content with lower relative sweetness mainly used for foods & breakfast cereals and HFCS 55 has higher fructose content with same relative sweetness as sucrose and it is also cheap compared to sucrose, so it could be easily substituted for sucrose and mostly used for soft drinks production. HFCS is also used in the pharmaceutical industry because of its nutrient benefits as carbohydrate source and bulk sweetener. It can be used in nutraceutical and oral dosage forms including syrups, suspensions, and liquids.
Key Benefits of the Report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global high fructose corn syrup industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global high fructose corn syrup market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global high fructose corn syrup market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed global high fructose corn syrup market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions Answered in the High fructose corn syrup Market Research Report:
- What are the leading market players active in the high fructose corn syrup market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
High Fructose Corn Syrup Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Global Sweeteners Holdings Limited, Cargill Incorporated, Ingredion Incorporated, Showa Sangyo Co. Ltd., Archer daniels Midland Company, HUNGRANA KFT, JAPAN CORN STRACH Co. Ltd., Tate & Lyle, Kerry Inc., DAESANG Corporation.