High Methoxyl Pectin is used in many functional foods all around the world. It is majorly used in the production of jam and jelly. High methoxyl pectin is used to thicken the jam and jelly. The difference between the high methoxyl pectin and low methoxyl pectin is, high methoxyl pectin requires large amount of sugar to gel properly whereas the low methoxyl pectin requires less sugar to gel, thats why low methoxyl pectin is used in pastries and molecular recipes where less sugar is required. Pectin is extracted from the aqueous extract from the edible plant materials such as citrus peel and apple pomace.
The increase in the consumption of jelly and jam has increased the demand of high methoxyl pectin in the market. Furthermore, the use of high methoxyl pectin in different foods drives the market. However, the availability other artificial compounds that provide the same functionality as that of high methoxyl pectin restrains the growth of the high methoxyl pectin market.
The high methoxyl pectin market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. By type, the market is divided into extra rapid set, rapid set, medium rapid set, slow set, and extra slow set. By application, the market is bifurcated into food industry and pharmaceuticals. By geography, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the major players analyzed in this report are DuPont Nutrition & Health, Cargill, Incorporated, Silvateam S.p.a., Jinfeng Pectin Co., Ltd., CP Kelco, Herbstreith & Fox KG, Naturex Group, Yantai Andre Pectin Co. Ltd., Pomonas Universal Pectin, and Ceamsa.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the investment pockets.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the growth of the market is provided.
- The report provides a quantitative analysis to help the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of different segments facilitates to understand various products of the market.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
High Methoxyl Pectin Market Key Segments:
- Extra Rapid Set
- Rapid Set
- Medium Rapid Set
- Slow Set
- Extra Slow Set
- Food Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA