High throughput screening refers to a set of steps involved in the drug discovery process and evaluation of large number of biological modulators as well as effectors against selected target. In this, the experimental samples are exposed to a relevant condition to simultaneous testing under given conditions. High throughput screening comprises of several steps such as target identification, reagent preparation, compound management, assay development, and high-throughput library screening. The major objective of developing high throughput screening technique is to accelerate drug discovery process by screening large number of compound libraries such as combinatorial chemistry, genomics, protein, and peptide libraries at a rate that may exceed a few thousand compounds per day or week. High-throughput screening methods are also used to characterize metabolic, pharmacokinetic, and toxicological data for new drugs and thereby eventually reducing the cost of the drug development. Growth in adoption of globalized innovative models in pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and rise in R&D expenditure drive the market growth. In addition, increase in government funding and advancements in HTS techniques fuels the growth of this market. However, the increased time consumption and high cost of HTS techniques limit the growth of this market during the forecast period.
This report segments the market on the basis of product and service, technology, application, end user, and regions. Based on product & service, it is divided into consumables and reagents, and instruments. Based on technology, the market is segmented into ultra-high-throughput screening (uHTS), cell-based assay, lab-on-a-chip, label-free technology, and bioinformatics. In terms of application, the market is divided into target identification, primary screening, toxicology assessment and other applications. Based on end users, the market is divided into pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, academic and government research institutes, contract research organizations and other end users. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players in the high throughput screening market are Agilent Technologies, Inc., Danaher Corporation, Perkinelmer, Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Axxam S.P.A., Tecan Group Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Hamilton Company, Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (A Division of Merck Millipore), and Aurora Biomed, Inc.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the high-throughput screening market, with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by product type elucidates various forms of high-throughput screening available.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which predict the competitive outlook of the market.
High-throughput Screening Market Key Segmentation:
- Consumables & Reagents
- Ultra-High-Throughput Screening (UHTS)
- Cell-Based Assay
- 2D Cell Culture
- 3D Cell Culture
- Scaffold-Based Technology
- Animal-Derived Hydrogels
- Synthetic Hydrogels
- Inert Matrix/Solid Scaffolds
- Scaffold-Free Technology
- Hanging-Drop Plates
- Ultra-Low Binding Plates
- Other Scaffold-Free Technologies
- Perfusion Cell Culture
- Label-Free Technology
- Target Identification
- Primary Screening
- Toxicology Assessment
- Other Applications
By End Users
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic & Government Research Institutes
- Contract Research Organizations
- Other End Users
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- Rest of LAMEA