Human serum albumin is the most abundant protein found in human blood. It serves a wide range of functions such as transporting hormones & fatty acids and maintaining oncotic pressure. Therapeutically, it is used to replace lost fluid and helps restore blood volume due to trauma, burns, surgery or infections & liver diseases. It assists in the stabilization of drugs by reducing aggregation, oxidation, and surface absorption.
The global human albumin market is driven by rise in prevalence of liver diseases, increase in infections, awareness programs by several organizations to highlight the advantages of the various plasma protein therapies & plasma donation, and rise in non-therapeutic application as an excipient and drug formulating agent. However, stringent regulatory processes on the use of raw materials and dearth of blood donors are expected to impede the market growth. Conversely, human albumin has found various applications, such as medical device coating, drug formulating agent, and vaccine ingredient, which in turn presents lucrative opportunities for the market growth. Moreover, the introduction of recombinant albumin products is expected to provide numerous opportunities to key players in the near future.
The global human albumin market is segmented on the basis of type, application, and geography. Based on type, it is classified into human serum albumin, bovine serum albumin, and recombinant albumin. Based on application, it is categorized into drug formulation & drug delivery, vaccines, and component of media. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in this market include Celgene Corporation, Octapharma, Novozymes A/S, Baxalta Incorporated, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Merck & Co., Inc., CSL Limited, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Group, and Kedrion Biopharma.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global human albumin market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It presents a quantitative analysis from 2016 to 2023 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market by type assists in understanding the regional trends.
- Key players and their strategies have been analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the market.
Human Albumin Market Key Segments
- Bovine Serum Albumin
- Human Serum Albumin
- Recombinant Albumin
- Drug Formulation & Drug Delivery
- Component of Media
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA