Humidity sensor or hygrometer detects moisture from its surrounding and converts it into small electrical pulses which are recorded, displayed and stored in the device to trigger an alarm when the humidity is above a certain level. The sensor comprises of two metallic plates with a non-conductive polymer film between them. It registers humidity through the change in voltage between these plates.
The market is primarily driven by its requisite need in moisture sensitive industries such as - printing, textile, cement, food processing, mining, and pharmaceutical among others. They have several advantages over conventional silicon sensors such as, low power requirements, easy implementation, improved efficiency, and higher precision. However, its higher cost could prove to be a restraining factor; though, increase in demand by various industries and investments on research & development by key players in the market could facilitate its cost reduction and boost the overall market.
Comparison between properties of humidity sensor and conventional sensor
|Properties||Humidity Sensor||Conventional Sensor|
|Power Consumption||Low power consumption owing to the presence of electronic components||High power consumption|
|Size||They are comparatively smaller in size and hence are useful in more applications than conventional sensors||Larger in size hence require more space for installation|
|Efficiency||Humidity sensors are more efficient due to less power loss||Poor efficiency|
|Precision||These sensors have better precision as they are more advanced thereafter they are preferred over conventional sensors.||Less precise|
The humidity sensor market is segmented based on unit of measurement type, industry vertical, and geography. Based on unit of measurement type, it is further divided into relative humidity sensor and absolute humidity sensor, while, the industry vertical includes printing, textile, cement, food processing, mining, automation, pharmaceutical, and others. In addition, the market is analyzed geographically, considering- North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA for this report.
The key players profiled in the report include: GE Sensing & Inspection Technologies, Continental AG, BEI Sensors, Honeywell Sensing & Control, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Custom Sensors & Technologies, Inc.; Infineon Technologies North America Corp.; Delphi Corporation, Melexis Microelectronic Integrated Systems N.V, and Robert Bosch GmbH among others.
POTENTIAL BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS:
- This report provides an in-depth analysis of the world humidity sensor market, current trends and future estimations to identify lucrative investment opportunities.
- This report identifies and gives the impact analysis of the key drivers, opportunities, and restraints that shape the market. Porters five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers that participate in this market to facilitate better business decisions for stakeholders and strengthen their supplier and buyer networks.
- Market estimation of geographical regions is based on the current market scenario and future trends.
Humidity Sensor Market Segments:
The market is segmented based on the unit of measurement, industry vertical, and geographical region.
BY UNIT OF MEASUREMENT TYPE
- Relative Humidity Sensor
- Thermoplastic Polymer
- Lithium Chloride Film
- Absolute Humidity Sensor
- Solid Moisture
- Mirror Based Sensor
BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
- Food processing
- Others (Agriculture, Healthcare and Industrial)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East
- GE Sensing & Inspection Technologies
- Continental AG
- BEI Sensors
- Honeywell Sensing & Control
- Hitachi Automotive Systems
- Custom Sensors & Technologies Inc.
- Infineon Technologies North America Corp.
- Delphi Corporation
- Melexis Microelectronic Integrated Systems N.V
- Robert Bosch GmbH