Hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dip and spread that contains a lot of minerals, vitamins, protein, and fiber. All of the key ingredients in hummus are considered super foods: chickpeas, garlic, sesame seeds or paste (tahini), and olive oil. Iron, phosphorus, and vitamin B complex are all abundant in chickpeas.Tahini has a lot of zinc, calcium, copper, and phosphorus. Lemon juice is high in vitamin C as well as antioxidants. Garlic, which gives hummus its flavor, is high in antioxidants, trace minerals, and vitamins.The surge in demand for packaged hummus products, particularly in Western Europe, as well as rising demand for plant-based proteins and a growing preference for healthy eating habits are all driving the hummus market in Europe forward.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic has hampered the performance of the hummus market, owing to disruptions in raw material production and supply chains, weather conditions uncertainty, and other factors.
- Due to the abrupt closure of national and international borders, the outbreak disrupted operational efficiencies and value chains. However, with many economies attempting to resurrect and standardize their operations, hummus demand is expected to surge in the near future.
- In addition, rising consumer demand for a healthy lifestyle and a shift in focus toward foods that enhance immunity is expected to continue to drive hummus market expansion in the future years. Furthermore, hummus producers are likely to expand their businesses through online distribution channels. This is primarily due to an increasing preference for obtaining consumables online in order to avoid crowds and to respect social distancing norms.
Top Impacting Factors
- As economies aim to relaunch their operations, demand for hummus is expected to surge in the near future. People are also adopting healthier lifestyles and consuming goods that help increase immunity, which is driving up demand for hummus.
- Hummus consumption is predicted to skyrocket in the future years, particularly in industrialized countries, where it is quickly becoming a staple of the breakfast menu.
- Hummus comes in a variety of tastes to appeal to a wide range of consumers. Recent breakthroughs by leading manufacturers driving market expansion in recent years include R&D, innovative product lines, and advancements in packaging technology.
Markey's Growth is Fueled by the Health Benefits of its Rich Nutritional Profile
Hummus is a popular Middle Eastern dip and spread that contains a lot of minerals, vitamins, protein, and fiber. The increased prevalence of ailments such as strokes, ischemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes mellitus, particularly in developed and emerging nations, is drawing people's attention to nutritious diets.Due to the diversity of distribution channels, hummus has also found a place in retail stores and supermarkets. It's free of common allergies and irritants like nuts, gluten, and dairy by nature.
In meals like sandwiches, bread, crackers, and chips, it can also be used to substitute creamy salad dressings, mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dressing, and other condiments. Furthermore, improving economic standards and disposable incomes, as well as a diversification of food choices, all contribute to increased demand for healthful meals like hummus. As a result, hummus' benefits, such as enhanced digestive health, optimal weight loss, improved blood sugar control, anti-inflammatory properties, and reduced heart disease risks, are driving up demand.
Demand in Asia-Pacific to Rise
As the consumption pattern changes, Asia Pacific has the largest market share, followed by North America. In comparison to other flavored hummuses, demand for classic hummus is increasing in North America. During the period the hummus market in Asia-Pacific is predicted to develop at the fastest rate. In nations like India, China, and Japan, lifestyle and consumption patterns have changed as a result of economic expansion and the increased frequency of various ailments. Veganism is also becoming more popular as people become more aware of the need to safeguard the environment.
The need for plant-based proteins is rising, and people are becoming more health-conscious, which is propelling the market forward in the region. Furthermore, with the increasing prevalence of veganism in Europe, particularly in the UK, there is a significant need for plant-based proteins. Furthermore, hummus makers are diversifying their product lines by introducing organic and tasty versions.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Hummus industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Hummus Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Hummus Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Hummus Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Hummus Market Research Report
- Which are the leading players active in the Hummus Market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Hummus Marketprediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Hummus Market?
Hummus Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Haliburton International Foods, Hummus Goodness, Boar’s Head Brand, Tribe Hummus, Strauss Group, Lantana Foods, Fountain of Health, Bakkavor Group, Hope Foods, LLC, Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods Inc.