Hybrid cloud is an integrated cloud service that is being utilized with the help of both private and public clouds to perform various functions within an organization. In the hybrid cloud environment some computing resources are managed internally while others are managed by a third party. The concept of the community cloud concept is similar to that of the hybrid cloud in that it is a collaborative effort where the infrastructure is shared between several organizations within the same industry. For example, industries such as healthcare, telecommunications, banking financial services and insurance have their own community clouds. The need for the analysis of the global hybrid and community cloud market arises as the market has been exponentially growing in the last few years.
Hybrid and community cloud are scalable, cost efficient and flexible and these features are driving the market. In addition to this, hybrid clouds combine features available in both private and public clouds. This factor also drives the hybrid and community cloud market as a whole. Although these clouds offer various benefits, the security of the data remains a major challenge for the vendors that provide these services to numerous organizations. Adoption of cloud services enables the organization to cut costs on data storage infrastructure and concentrate on their technical expertise, making the global market lucrative
Hybrid and Community Cloud as a Service market analysis by Types
Different types of hybrid and community cloud services are Infrastructure as a service (IaaS), Platform as a service (PaaS), Software as a service (SaaS), Business Process as a Service (BPaaS), Cloud Advertisement Service, Cloud Management and Security Service. IaaS, the most basic cloud computing model, provides physical or virtual machines and other resources. PaaS cloud providers deliver a computing platform such as an operating system. Finally, SaaS cloud provides access to application software and databases. SaaS market is the largest revenue generating segment. Cloud Advertisemant Services are also popular amongst vendors.
Hybrid and Community Cloud as a Service market analysis by Delivery model
The various deployment models of hybrid cloud and community cloud are User Self Provisioning, Advance provisioning, and Dynamic provisioning. User self provisioning model is most commonly used in small and medium scale enterprises where they use their own self provisioning portals. Dynamic provisioning service is a popular trend in the market as the requested service is dynamically allocated to the customer. This helps in cutting costs and hence is being widely used across various industries.
Hybrid and Community Cloud as a Service market analysis by Enterprises
Presently, various enterprises of different sizes are using hybrid and community cloud services. The sizes according to which these enterprises are categorized are small, medium and large. Generally, large enterprises prefer cloud services as it provides the flexibility to work from anywhere and scalability for data storage.
Hybrid and Community Cloud as a Service market by Industry Vertical
Various industries where hybrid and community clouds are being used are Government and Public Sector, Healthcare and Life Sciences, Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI), Consumer Goods and Retail, Telecommunication and Information Technology, Media & Entertainment and Others. Currently, hybrid and community cloud services are largely used in the retail, BFSI, and IT and telecommunication industries. The healthcare sector is also a booming sector for community clouds currently.
Hybrid and Community Cloud as a Service market by Geography
The hybrid cloud computing market is analyzed in different regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA. North America is the largest market for hybrid and community clouds due to the technological advancements and early adoption of technology in the region. It is followed by Europe.
Key players in the market are adopting partnerships as their key developmental strategy to sustain in the competitive market. Cloudian Inc. has partnered with Amazon Web Services to provide expanded hybrid cloud IaaS for superior IT storage ability.
Some major players in the market are Amazon Web Services Inc., BlackironData, Cumulogic, EMC, Microsoft Corporation, Hewlett-Packard, Dell, IBM, Atlantic.Net, VMware, Cisco Systems, Inc, Data direct Networks and Verizon Terremark.
HIGH LEVEL ANALYSIS
The study showcases the current market trends, market structures, driving factors, limitations and opportunities of the global market. Porter’s Five Force Model helps in analyzing the market forces, barriers, strengths, etc., of the global market. Low switching cost leads to high bargaining power of the buyer. As there are various substitutes available in the market the supplier’s power is low. Threat of substitutes in the global market is high as the switching costs are minimal. Due to numerous players in the market, threat of new entrants in the industry is low. Value chain analysis helps in analyzing the role of key stakeholders in the supply chain of the market and would provide new entrants with knowledge about the value chain of the existing market.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the Hybrid and Community cloud as a service market and offers current and future trends to decipher the upcoming investment pockets in the market.
- Competitive analysis is conducted to formulate profitable strategies in the market
- Current and future trends are charted to determine the overall attractiveness of the market
- Market factors are expounded to determine the trends in various geographies
- Potency of buyers and suppliers is evaluated to determine the present state of the market. Company profiles of the leading market players are illustrated to provide a roadmap of the market
- Quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2013-2020 to elicit financial caliber of the market
- Key application segments are identified based on the perceived potential of the market
- Value chain analysis is conducted to gauge the roles of intermediaries involved
- Drivers and opportunities are evaluated to pinpoint the factors responsible for the market growth
- Top impacting factors are investigated to determine the attractiveness of the market.
HYBRID AND COMMUNITY CLOUD AS A SERVICES MARKET KEY DELIVERABLES
The global market is segmented based on types, delivery model, enterprises, industry vertical and geography.
MARKET BY TYPES
- Infrastructure as a Service
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Business Process as a Service (BPaas)
- Cloud Advetisment Service
- Cloud Management and Security Service
MARKET BY DELIVERY MODEL
- User Self Provisioning
- Advance Provisioning
- Dynamic Provisioning
MARKET BY ENTERPRISES
- Small Enterprises
- Medium Enterprises
- Large Enterprises
MARKET BY INDUSTRY VERTICAL
- Government and Public Sector
- Healthcare and Life Sciences
- Banking Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI)
- Consumer Goods and Retail
- Telecommunication and Information Technology
- Media And Entertainment
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America