According to the U.S. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA), infant nutrition ingredients are those ingredients which purports to be or is represented for special dietary use solely as a food for infants by reason of its simulation of human milk or its suitability as a complete or partial substitute for human milk.
Infant nutrition ingredients are manufactured for feeding infants and babies usually under 12 months of age, and are prepared from powder or liquid. They facilitate healthy growth & development of babies, protect them from allergies, improve cognitive development & performance, and enhance gastrointestinal health & immunity.
The global infant nutrition ingredients market has witnessed significant growth over the past few years, owing to potential health benefits offered by infant nutritional ingredients such as lower cholesterol levels, reduced risk of cardiovascular diseases, healthy bone growth, and improved digestive health and increase in demand for milk minerals & lactose. In addition, rise in demand for dairy nutrition ingredients, especially from the food processing sector, boosts the demand for infant nutrition ingredients. Furthermore, rise in inclination of consumers towards a healthy lifestyle supplements the market growth.
However, lack of awareness & weak advertisement activities about the benefits of infant nutrition ingredients and presence of numerous players in the market making the market more competitive are some major restraints of the market.
The global infant nutrition ingredients market is segmented on the basis of product, age group, and geography. By product, the market is categorized into alpha-lactalbumin, casein glycomacropeptide, milk minerals, lactose, hydrolysates, and others. Based on age group, it is classified into 06 months, 612 months, and 12 years. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA.
The major players operating in the global market are focusing on strategies such as mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships. Moreover, they are strengthening their market reach to sustain the intense competition.
Some of the key players operating in the global market include:
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Ltd.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Proliant Inc.
- Arla Foods amba
- E.I. DuPont De Nemours and Co.
- Cargill Inc.
- APS Biogroup
- Groupe Lactalis S.A.
- Nestl SA
- Danone SA.
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics from 2016 to 2023 to assist in identifying the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to the individual market revenue.
- The region-wise and country-wise market conditions are comprehensively analyzed.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and the value chain analysis to understand the competitive environment across geographies.
- An in-depth analysis of each segment of the infant nutrition ingredients market is provided to assist the prevailing market opportunities.
Infant Nutrition Ingredients Market Key Segments:
- Casein Glycomacropeptide
- Milk Minerals
By Age Group
- 06 months
- 612 months
- 12 years
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
Other key players (not profiled) in this industry include:
- Nestle Health Science
- Friesland Campina Domo
- Aspen Nutritionals
- HJ Heinz
- Murray Goulburn
- GMP Pharmaceuticals
- Dairy Goat Co-Operative
- Abott Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.
- Synlait Milk