Influenza is a type of seasonal or pandemic condition causing fever, coryza, cough, headache, and malaise. The severity of influenza symptoms varies across age groups and type of influenza. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately, 3 to 5 million people are prone to seasonal epidemics, annually. The growing number of ageing population and an increase in the frequency of seasonal influenza outbreak supplement the demand for influenza vaccines across the healthcare industry. Intellectual property rights are providing security to the patent holders, thereby, increases their market share. However, the upcoming patent expirations for top influenza vaccines and the growing popularity of influenza drugs as over the counter (OTC) products would provide an opportunity for generic manufacturers. On the contrary, limited awareness regarding the availability of novel versions of vaccines and unclear reimbursement facilities hamper the growth of the influenza vaccines market. Furthermore, high tolerance of viral strains towards conventional compositions would limit the adoption of influenza vaccines. However, collective efforts of governments, non-profitable organizations and pharmaceutical companies would help boost advance research and development programs, which would subsequently lead to a reduction in the cost of vaccines and also bring clarity in the reimbursement and regulatory guidelines. Furthermore, Clinical research success would play significant role for company that would lead to development of influenza vaccines.
The global influenza vaccines market is segmented into types, demography and geography. Based on types of influenza vaccines, the market is categorized as, Influenza type A, Influenza type B and Influenza type C. The global influenza vaccine market by demography is categorized into paediatric vaccines and adult vaccines. Geographically, the report is segments across four regions namely, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA. Presently, North America occupies a majority of the market share followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific region. Companies profiled in this report include Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Novartis, Abbott Laboratories, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma, Johnson & Johnson, Sinovac Biotech, Baxter International, F. Hoffmann-La Roche and AstraZeneca.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- Inclusive intellects of factors driving the growth of the influenza drugs market is provided in the report. For instance, growing demand for anti-influenza drugs, increasing awareness and healthcare expenditures on sophisticated and efficient clinical facilities would drive the global influenza vaccines market
- The projections in this report are derived by analysing the current market trends and market potential for the period of 20142020, in terms of value
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of vaccines) helps in understanding the competitive scenario across geographies
- SWOT analysis of key market players is provided to illustrate the business strategies adopted by companies
- An in-depth analysis of current research and clinical developments in the global influenza vaccines market is provided with key market dynamic factors that helps to understand the market behaviour
- The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020 that help in identifying the prevailing market opportunities
- A market attractiveness analysis is included for various product end-users and geographic segments with detailed analysis of factors responsible for the rapid growth of market segments
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
Global influenza vaccines market is mainly segmented below:
Influenza Vaccines Market - By Type
- nfluenza type A
- nfluenza type B
- nfluenza type C
Influenza Vaccines Market - By Demography
Influenza Vaccines Market - By Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America