Internet of Things is the interconnection of the computing devices and various objects through the existing Internet infrastructure. Evolution in the convergence of wireless technologies, internet and micro-electromechanical systems has made IoT and machine to machine (M2M) technologies possible. Presently, 51% of the population lives in metro cities; hence, the IoT market has numerous opportunities to grow. Gaming would be one of the biggest technology trends that would happen on IoT in future. There are various challenges in IoT ecosystem due to which the ecosystem is yet to gain popularity amongst the people. Lack of shared infrastructure, lack of common standards, control over the data, and data sharing are some of the challenges that must be addressed by the IoT to gain popularity. As IoT is a novel concept, a giant player in the IoT market named Cisco is developing Asia’s first Internet of Things hub in Asia Pacific region. This concept would help the Asia Pacific region to create a smart city environment.
The global market can be segmented based on various technologies used to interconnect different entities, components, application, end-users and geography. The segmentation is done for the purpose of in-depth analysis of the entire IoT market. The technologies segment would be further segmented as Radio frequency Identification (RFID), Gateways, Cloud Management, Near Field Communications and Zigbee. RFID, pressure sensors, network communications and data processing are some major components within IoT. The IoT concept can be used in various purposes such as Environment monitoring, Infrastructure management, industrial applications, energy management, medical and healthcare systems, building and home automations &transport systems. These applications are being used in various industries and hence the end-user segment of the report could be segmented as Retail, Energy & Power, Healthcare, Transportation, Telecom and IT, Industrial and commercial constructions and manufacturing. In addition to all these segments, the IoT technology is studied in different geographies such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Latin America Middle East & Africa. Global market players discussed in the report are Alcatel Lucent, AT&T, Google, Cisco Systems, Inc., Huawei Technologies, Intel Corp., Qualcomm Inc., Gemalto Nv and Nxp Semiconductors.
- Estimations are made by considering current market trends and future potential that is available in the global market during the analysis period 2014-2020, with the base revenue of year 2013
- Porter’s Five Forces and SWOT analysis are provided to aid in developing future strategies
- Segmentation of the global market provides in-depth analysis of the technologies used, their applications and end users in different geographic regions
- Companies profiled in the report help to understand the strategies adopted by the key players and their strategic moves
- The study discusses about the competitive strategies for effective planning and execution of business plans
INTERNET OF THINGS MARKET SEGMENTS
Global Internet of Things Market is segmented based on Technologies, Components, Applications, End-Users and Geography.
MARKET BY TECHNOLOGY
- Radio frequency Identification (RFID)
- Cloud Management
- Near Field Communications
MARKET BY COMPONENTS
- Pressure sensors
- Network communications
- Data processing
MARKET BY APPLICATIONS
- Environment monitoring
- Infrastructure management
- Industrial applications
- Energy management
- Medical and healthcare systems
- Home automations
- Transport systems.
MARKET BY END USER
- Energy & Power
- Telecom and IT
- Industrial and commercial Constructions
MARKET BY GEOGRAPHY
- North America
- Latin America Middle East & Africa