Microgreens are leafy greens taken before the cotyledon leaves have fully developed. They are used as flavor and texture enhancer, a dietary supplement, and a cosmetic enhancement. Microgreens can be used in a variety of cuisines to provide sweetness and spiciness. Microgreens are smaller than "baby greens" because they are consumed as soon as they sprout rather than after the plant have blossomed into numerous leaves. Chefs and home cooks alike are big fans of kale microgreens. It also develops swiftly and is reasonably priced. This is why it is so popular in the catering industry, where it is used to give meals a zesty flavor and a spicy flavor. Increased spending on high-end meals, healthy functional and nutritional foods, and the development of indoor vertical and greenhouse farming are some of the factors driving the kale microgreens market ahead over the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has slowed the expansion of the kale microgreens business. Sales of microgreens have declined dramatically as a result of a disrupted supply chain and the closure of restaurants and grocery shops, which are crucial distributing hubs and end users of kale.
- People have grown more health conscious as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, and their buying habits have changed as a result. As kale serves to improve the immune system, there has been an increase in consumer demand.
- With restrictions beginning to be eased around the world, manufacturers now have the potential to capture a large portion of the market and meet client demand.
Top Impacting Factors
- In the personal care industry, kale leaf extracts are used. Kale leaf extracts are used by many cosmetic businesses in a variety of products because they contain anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- The kale microgreens market will benefit from an increase in the aquaponics industry, as well as an increase in the demand for organic veggies.
- Chefs are discovering kale as a new gourmet component that can be used to spice up a variety of dishes as an edible garnish or to enrich salads.
Indoor farming is gaining popularity
Because people are more concerned about their health, they are eating a more nutrient-dense diet, which has led to the adoption of indoor farming technologies. Indoor farming is not only done at home by customers, but it is also done in large greenhouses. As a result, the market for kale is likely to grow in the next years.
Due to the increased adoption of protected cultivation, the market has developed moderately. Canada has seen a steady increase in greenhouse vegetable output, especially kale, and the multi-decade expansion trend is projected to continue in the foreseeable future. The kale sector is growing thanks to the success of greenhouse technology. As a result, revenue has remained stable as demand has increased, benefiting market expansion.
Restaurants are on the verge of dominating the industry
Kale is used as a fresh flavor component in high-end dishes. It's become one of the most popular ingredients in high-end restaurants. According to the National Restaurant Association, kale will have an impact on customers' vegetable shopping habits in the future. According to around 51% of chefs, kale will be a trendy trend in restaurants this year.
In 2016, Cherry Lane Farm began distributing kale to local chefs in Iowa, and it has now grown to over 14 restaurants in Sherburn, Fairmont, and Worthington, as well as Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and Sioux City, Humboldt, Algona, and Des Moines, Iowa. As a result of the increased popularity of microgreens in the culinary world, as well as an increase in supplies for the hotel business, demand is predicted to increase.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Kale Microgreen industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Kale Microgreen Market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Kale Microgreen Market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Kale Microgreen Market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions Answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the Kale Microgreen Market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Kale Microgreen Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Kale Microgreen Market?
Kale Microgreen Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
By End User
Key Market Players
Albertsons, Hy-Vee, Walmart, Safeway, Trader Joe's, Fresh Thyme, Amazon Fresh, Publix, Whole Foods, Kroger