Kevlar Fiber Market Research, 2031
The global kevlar fiber market size was valued at $449.2 million in 2021, and is projected to reach $653.4 million by 2031, growing at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2022 to 2031.
Kevlar fiber is a heat-resistant and strong synthetic fiber used for aromatic polyamide. It is utilized in aerospace and military applications, for ballistic-rated body armour fabric and ballistic composites, marine cordage, and marine hull reinforcement, as well as in marine cordage and marine hull reinforcement.
Further, kevlar fiber is used across many applications, such as security & protection, frictional materials, industrial filtration, optical fibers, rubber reinforcement, tire reinforcement, electrical insulation, and others. Kevlar fiber friction materials reinforced with kevlar pulps demonstrate an excellent balance of friction. Kevlar fibers are used for industrial filtration that gives resistance and water absorption up to 7%. Kevlar fiber is one of the most promising fillers for the reinforcement of rubber compounds due to its remarkable mechanical qualities, thermal and chemical resistance. It is also used for reinforcement in bullet, fire-resistant clothing, and also in tire due to its lightweight, durability performances, electromagnetic neutrality, and mechanical properties.
Furthermore, kevlar fiber has many other uses, including brake pads, alternator belts, gaskets, clutch plates, hoses and even tires. Kevlar fiber is used in the manufacture of superior hoses, used to connect car radiators/coolant system to the engine unit (normally for luxury sports cars and racing cars). It is also used in the production of hoses, belts, and other materials that could benefit from some extra reinforcement.
Increase in use of kevlar fiber across applications, such as frictional materials, industrial filtration, optical fibers, and electrical insulation is expected to serve as a crucial growth factor for the kevlar fiber market. Also, rise in adoption of kevlar fiber in physical protection for body armour, vehicle armour, military helmets, protective gloves, and firefighter costumes is further propelling the growth of the kevlar fiber industry. However, availability of substitutes, such as twaron, technora, heracron, alkex, and teflon is anticipated to hamper the growth of the kevlar fiber market. On the contrary, increased demand for kevlar fiber in the aerospace and defense sector is expected to generate lucrative opportunities for the global kevlar fiber market growth.
The kevlar fiber market is segmented into application and region. On the basis of application, the market is categorized into safety and protection, aerospace, industrial filtration, frictional materials, rubber and tire reinforcement, optical fibers, electronics and telecommunication, and others. Region-wise, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA. The kevlar fiber market share is analyzed across all significant regions and countries.
The major players operating in the global kevlar fiber market include, Aramid Hpm LLC, CTech-LLC, C.S.R Inc., DuPont De Numerous Inc., Final Advance Materials, GAB Neumann Gmbh, Hyosung Advanced Materials, Hexcel Corporation, Huvis Corporation, Kolon Industries Inc., Stern EWS, Teijin Ltd., Toray Industries Inc., Yantai Tayho Advanced Materials Co. Ltd, and MiniFIBERS, Inc.
Asia-Pacific is projected to register a robust growth during the forecast period. This growth is attributed to extensive use of kevlar fiber in aerospace and military applications, such as ballistic-rated body armour cloth and ballistic composites, as well as maritime cordage and hull reinforcement. Further, automobile sector has been preparing for product evolution, with the country focused on developing cars that are fuel efficient and emit less pollution.
Safety and protection segment dominated the global kevlar fiber market in 2021. Kevlar fiber is often used in personal protective equipment, such as protective garments, helmets, gloves, face shields, goggles, facemasks, and/or respirators, as well as other devices meant to protect the wearer from harm or infection or sickness transmission. It is used as armour for protection against bullets used in hand guns because of its impact resistance, high strength, and low weight.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a devastating impact on the global electronic sector, causing unquantifiable losses to firms. The pandemic has impacted the global supply chain and caused a slowdown in the electronics & telecommunication industry, which is the major end-user of kevlar fiber. For instance, China is the largest producer and exporter of varied electronic input supplies that are utilized to manufacture finished electronic products. The ongoing production standstill in China has compelled electronic producers in Europe and the U.S. to hold the manufacturing of electronic goods temporarily.
- Further, the COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the aviation & aerospace industry. However, more people are preferring flights for travelling and are also showing a stronger preference for nonstop travel in order to avoid the risk of the coronavirus. Consequently, this is likely to surge the aircraft manufacturing and drive the kevlar fiber market during the pandemic.
Key Benefits For Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the market segments, current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the kevlar fiber market analysis from 2021 to 2031 to identify the prevailing kevlar fiber market opportunities.
- The market research is offered along with information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Porter's five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the kevlar fiber market segmentation assists to determine the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global market.
- Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global kevlar fiber market trends, key players, market segments, application areas, and market growth strategies.
Kevlar Fiber Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
C.S.R. Inc., Hyosung Advanced Materials, GAB Neumann Gmbh, Hexcel Corporation, Aramid Hpm LLC, Final Advance Materials, Teijin Ltd., Toray Industries Inc., MiniFIBERS Inc., Yantai Tayho Advanced Materials Co. Ltd, Huvis Corporation, Kolon Industries Inc., DuPont De Numerous Inc., Stern EWS, CTech LLC
According to perspective of CXOs of leading companies, the kevlar fiber market is anticipated to grow in near future due to its extensive use in applications, such as security & protection, frictional materials, industrial filtration, optical fibers, rubber reinforcement, tire reinforcement, electrical insulation, and others.
Further, kevlar fiber is commonly used in physical protection for body armour, vehicle armour, military helmets, and protective gloves. Due to its high tensile module, kevlar fiber is widely used in physical security, which includes CCTV surveillance, protective barriers, locks, access control, perimeter intrusion detection, deterrent systems, fire protection, and other systems. However, the availability of substitutes, such as twaron, technora, heracron, alkex, and teflon is anticipated to hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to register robust growth during the forecast period.