Leafy greens harvested before the cotyledon leaves have fully formed are known as microgreens. They're used to improve flavor and texture, as well as as a dietary supplement and aesthetic enhancement. Microgreens can be used to add sweetness and spiciness to a number of dishes.Microgreens are smaller than "baby greens" because they are eaten right after they sprout rather than after the plant has bloomed into many leaves. Kohlrabi microgreens are popular among chefs and household cooks alike. It also grows quickly and at a reasonable cost.This is why it's so popular in the catering industry, where it's utilized to provide a zesty and spicy flavor to dishes. Some of the reasons propelling the Kohlrabi microgreens market forward over the projected period include increased spending on high-end meals, healthy functional and nutritious foods, and the growth of indoor vertical and greenhouse farming.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
- The COVID-19 pandemic epidemic has hindered the growth of the Kohlrabi microgreens industry. Due to a broken supply chain and the closure of restaurants and grocery stores, which are critical distributing hubs and end users of Kohlrabi, microgreen sales have plummeted.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, people have become more health-conscious, and their purchasing habits have shifted. Consumer demand for Kohlrabi has increased as a result of its ability to boost the immune system.
- As constraints throughout the world continue to loosen, producers now have the opportunity to capture a significant share of the market and meet client demand.
Top Impacting Factors
Kohlrabi leaf extracts are used in the personal care business. Many cosmetic companies employ Kohlrabi leaf extracts in a variety of products because they have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
An expansion in the aquaponics business, as well as an increase in the demand for organic vegetables, will boost the Kohlrabi microgreens market.
Chefs are discovering Kohlrabi as a new gourmet ingredient that can be used as an edible garnish or to add flavor to salads.
Indoor farming is becoming extremely prevalent
People are consuming a more nutrient-dense diet because they are more worried about their health, which has led to the introduction of indoor farming technologies. Indoor farming is practiced not just by consumers at home, but also in huge greenhouses. As a result, the Kohlrabi market is expected to expand in the next years.
The market has grown moderately as a result of the increased usage of protected agriculture. The production of greenhouse vegetables in Canada, particularly Kohlrabi, has been steadily increasing for decades, and this trend is expected to continue in the foreseeable future. The success of greenhouse technology has boosted the Kohlrabi industry. As a result, revenue has stayed consistent as demand has grown, resulting in market expansion.
Restaurants are on the verge of becoming the industry's dominant force
In high-end recipes, Kohlrabi is employed as a fresh flavor component. In high-end restaurants, it's become one of the most popular ingredients. Kohlrabi will have an impact on customers' vegetable shopping habits in the future, according to the National Restaurant Association. Kohlrabi will be a fashionable trend in restaurants this year, according to roughly 51% of chefs.
Cherry Lane Farm began delivering Kohlrabi to local chefs in Iowa in 2016, and it now serves over 14 restaurants in Sherburn, Fairmont, and Worthington, Iowa, as well as Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and Sioux City, Humboldt, Algona, and Des Moines, South Dakota. Demand is expected to rise as a result of the growing popularity of microgreens in the culinary world, as well as an increase in supplies for the hotel industry.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Kohlrabi Microgreen industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Kohlrabi Microgreen Marketshare.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Kohlrabi Microgreen Marketgrowth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Kohlrabi Microgreen Marketanalysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Which are the leading players active in the Kohlrabi Microgreen Market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is Kohlrabi Microgreen Marketprediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the Kohlrabi Microgreen Market?
Kohlrabi Microgreen Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
By End User
Key Market Players
Wholesalers, Food Processors, Restaurants, Consumers, Chefs, Grocers, Retailers, Farmers, Suppliers, Distributors