Foley catheter is a flexible tube-like device that is inserted into the bladder to drain urine. Latex Foley catheters are latex-coated catheters that maximize the patient safety, reduce friction, and minimize the irritation and infections caused due to indwelling catheters. These catheters are used after urological surgeries, such as benign prostatic hypertrophy, prostate cancer, and narrowing of the urethra, which aid patients to urinate easily.
The factors that drive the latex Foley catheters market include increase in prevalence of urinary bladder diseases, high demand for minimal invasive surgeries, large pool of geriatric population suffering from urinary disorders, technological advancements such as introduction of novel coatings and engineering strategies, and advantages such as easy accessibility and affordability. However, prone to hypersensitivity; availability of substitutes, namely, urethral plugs, vaginal slings, fixer-occluder devices, and other, and adverse reactions are expected to impede the market growth. The introduction of new beneficial products to reduce infections, such as silicone-coated latex Foley catheters that are resistant to chemical attacks and temperature changes, is expected to provide major opportunities for the market growth in the near future.
The global latex Foley catheters market is segmented on the basis of type, end user, and region. On the basis of type, these catheters are available in 2-way, 3-way, and 4-way types. Based on end user, the market is divided into critical care units, clinical catheterization (hospitals), nursing home settings, homecare, and clinics. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key market players profiled in this report include C.R. Bard, Inc., Teleflex Incorporated, Medtronic, Inc., ConvaTec, Inc., Medline Industries, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Create Medic Co. Ltd., Teleflex Incorporated, Fuji Systems Corporation, and Cook Medical Group, Inc.
- Market analysis for the global latex Foley catheters is provided with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- The report provides an extensive information about the current and upcoming trends in the market through 2016-2023, which help to determine the potential growth opportunities.
- Key drivers and restraints impacting the market are listed in the report.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, prospective opportunities, and key companies that can influence this market is presented.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow are analyzed.
Latex Foley Catheters Market Key Segments:
- 2-Way Foley Catheters
- 3-Way Foley Catheters
- 4-Way Foley Catheters
By End User
- Critical Care Units
- Clinical Catheterization (Hospitals)
- Nursing Home Settings
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA