Lecithin Market Overview:
Lecithin is a fatty substance that is necessary for the cells of the body. Lecithin can be found in many food products, including soybeans and egg yolks. It is taken as a medicine and is also utilized in the manufacturing of medicines. Furthermore, it is used for treating memory disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. It is also benefited from treating liver disease, gallbladder disease, some types of depression, anxiety, high cholesterol, and a skin disease called eczema. Lecithin also helps as an ingredient in some eye medicines. This helps keep the medicine in contact with the eye’s cornea. This is converted into acetylcholine, a substance that transmits nerve impulses.
COVID-19 scenario analysis:
Pharmaceutical and biotech companies together with governments around the globe are working to address the COVID-19 outbreak, from supporting the development of vaccines to planning for medicines supply chain challenges. Currently, around 115 vaccine candidates and 155 molecules are in the R&D pipeline. Moreover, commonly used drugs such as Hydroxychloroquine have witnessed dramatic surge in demand for the management of COVID-19. Such high demand for these drugs has presented huge opportunity for manufacturers of COVID-19 management drugs, as many developed countries are unavailable of the drugs. Owing to the demand for vaccine and treatment drugs for COVID-19, the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry is expected to witness a significant growth in the future.
Top impacting factors: Market Scenario Analysis, Trends, Drivers and Impact Analysis
The major factor affecting the market includes the increase in demand for the ingredients of food which is derived from various natural sources would boost the industry. Rise in awareness about the phospholipids is anticipated to help the market grow in the coming years. The advantages of the lecithin for the medicinal applications, is anticipated to help the market gain maximum revenue in the near future. However, the rise in price fluctuations of oil seeds on account of drought may hinder the lecithin market growth in the next few years.
New product advancements to flourish the market
The surge in the product launches according to the market demand is expected to propel the industry growth. In January 2019, Lasenor announced the launch of VEROLEC ORGANIC, organic soya lecithin originated in the U.S., with USDA (United States Department of Agriculture) Organic Certification.
In April 2016, American Lecithin Company (ALC), Oxford, CT, launched a line of sunflower-derived lecithin and phospholipids, including phosphatidylserine, phosphatidylcholine and glycerophosphocholine. The products will be available under the company’s ALCOLEC brand of natural emulsifiers.
Surge in mergers and acquisitions to boost the market
In November 2019, AAK acquired a majority stake in Manchester, UK-based Soya International. The business will trade under a new name, AAK Soya International Ltd. Soya International focuses on the sourcing, processing and distribution of semi-specialty and specialty lecithins offering a range of lecithin. This acquisition is highly positive both for us and the pre- existing customers.
Rapid increase in the number of mergers and acquisition that is expected to gain maximum attention of civil population and health care professionals is anticipated to help the market boost in the coming years.
Key benefits of the report:
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the global lecithin industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the global lecithin market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the global lecithin market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the lecithin market.
- The report provides a detailed global lecithin market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the lecithin market research report:
- Who are the leading market players active in the lecithin market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future that would help in tasking further strategic steps?
Lecithin Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Stern-Wywiol Gruppe Pvt. Ltd, DuPont, Lipoid GmbH, Global River Food Ingredients, Sternchemie GmbH & Co. KG., Bunge, American Lecithin Company, Archer Daniels Midland, Cargill, Soya International