The left atrial appendage (LAA) is a small, ear-shaped sac in the muscle wall of the left atrium (top left chamber of the heart). Functionally, when blood collects in the heart, it tends to pool in the LAA. The LAA closure is a minimally invasive procedure that is used to decrease the risk of stroke that may occur as a result of atrial fibrillation.
Rise in prevalence of atrial fibrillation in geriatric population and technological advancements drive the global LAA closure device market. Furthermore, surge in government initiatives to raise public awareness related to cardiovascular diseases boosts the market growth. However, stringent government regulations towards LAA closure systems impede this growth.
The global LAA closure device market is segmented on the basis of product, end user, and region. Based on product, it is bifurcated into epicardial and endocardial LAA closure devices. The end users are categorized into hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and heart clinics. Based on region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major players, such as Boston Scientific Corporation, AtriCure, St. Jude Medical, Lifetech Scientific (Shenzhen), Coherex Medical, and Sentreheart, Inc., are provided in this report.
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global LAA closure device market along with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2023 to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
- Extensive analysis by product elucidates the use of LAA closure devices in the medical settings.
Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Closure Device Market Key Segments:
- Epicardial LAA Closure Device
- Endocardial LAA Closure Device
By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Heart Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA