Leukemia is a burgeoning blood cancer that forms in the bone marrow and eventually leads to the uncontrolled growth of blood cells. Amid other cancer types, Leukemia is emerging as a life impinging threat, globally. . According to the National Cancer Institute (NCI), leukemia would account for about 24.450 deaths in U.S., in 2015. Furthermore, there were 318,389 leukemia patients in the U.S. in 2012 with about 54,270 new cases anticipated in 2015. Rising incidences and high mortality rates caused by leukemia have created an indispensable need for leukemia therapeutics in the market.
While the market is regularly flooded with breakthrough treatments, there still exists an unmet medical need in the market. The leukemia therapeutics market would continue to linger in the spotlight, primarily due to rising incidences of leukemia, strong developing pipeline and targeted drug delivery. However, the limited availability of treatment and erosion by generics is likely to curtail the market growth.
The lack of early diagnosis and awareness among public are leading challenges in the market. Moreover, redefining the drug lifecycle roadmap is a major challenge for drug innovators. However, breakthrough therapy designations and accelerated approvals granted by regulatory bodies such as FDA, would provide lucrative market opportunities for the drug innovators.
Few of the key strategies adopted by leading players in the market are acquisitions and product launches. This is more evident from the acquisition of the oncology business of GlaxoSmithKline plc (GSK) by Novartis AG in late 2014. This acquisition was purely intended to expand the existing oncology drugs portfolio and develop a multi-brand repute of the acquirer.
To provide a detailed market understanding, the report segments the Leukaemia Therapeutics market on the basis of type and geography. According to the therapy type, the market is further segmented into Chemotherapy, Biological therapy, Targeted therapy, Radiation therapy and Stem cell transplant. The report covers a geographic breakdown and a detailed analysis of each of the aforesaid segments across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and LAMEA.
Comprehensive competitive analysis and profiles of major market players such as Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi, Roche Holding AG, Celgene Corporation, Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) and others are also provided in the report.
KEY MARKET BENEFITS:
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging market trends and dynamics in the Global Leukemia Therapeutics market.
- Extensive research is done for the market by therapy type which instils a clear understanding regarding the currently used chemotherapy and targeted therapy drugs
- The report covers the detailed quantitative analysis of the current market and estimations through 2014-2020, which would enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities
- The leukemia therapeutics market scenario is comprehensively analysed in accordance with the key regions
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practises followed by leading market players across geographies
- A detailed SWOT analysis enables to study the internal environment of the leading companies for strategy formulation
- The studies evaluating competitive landscape and value chain has been taken into account in this report to help in understanding the competitive environment across the geographies
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS:
The Global Leukemia Therapeutics market segmentation is illustrated below:
Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Type
- Biological Therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Targeted therapy
Leukemia Therapeutics Market By Geography
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."
- North America
- United States
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa