A solid-state battery consists mainly of cathode, anode, and solid electrolyte, as developed during the latter half of the 20th century. Lithium Solid-State Battery have an effortless structure than the traditional LiBs, and the simplified structure with a solid electrolyte enables higher energy density. A lithium polymer battery, or more correctly lithium-ion polymer battery (abbreviated as LiPo, LIP, Li-poly, lithium-poly and others), is a rechargeable battery of lithium-ion technology using a polymer electrolyte instead of a liquid electrolyte. High conductivity semisolid (gel) polymers form this electrolyte. These batteries provide higher distinct energy than other lithium battery types and are used in applications where weight is a critical feature, such as mobile devices, radio-controlled aircraft and some electric vehicles. Just as with other lithium-ion cells, LiPos work on the principle of intercalation and de-intercalation of lithium ions from a positive electrode material and a negative electrode material, with the liquid electrolyte providing a conductive medium. To prevent the electrodes from touching each other directly, a microporous separator is in between which allows only the ions and not the electrode particles to migrate from one side to another.
Market Scope and Structure Analysis
Market Size Available for Years
Base Year Considered
Type, Application and Region
COVID-19 Impact analysis
Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost every country around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The global impacts of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) are already starting to be felt, and will significantly affect the Lithium Metal Polymer Lmp Battery market in 2020. The outbreak of COVID-19 has brought effects on many aspects, like flight cancellations; travel bans and quarantines; restaurants closed; all indoor/outdoor events restricted; over forty countries state of emergency declared; massive slowing of the supply chain; stock market volatility; falling business confidence, growing panic among the population, and uncertainty about future.
Top Impacting Factors
Rising adoption and understanding of EVs, government initiatives, and regulations supporting the adoption of EVs around the world are the factors that are driving the growth of the lithium-ion battery market. The market for these vehicles is expected to rise in the near future, partly driven by the adoption of various environmental norms and emission regulations. This has given a boost to the demand for Li-ion batteries.
- The majority of the manufacturers prefer above 36V lithium metal polymer batteries as they support and power high-current applications, and have a long-life span.
- Lithium-Metal-Polymer batteries Swith this voltage range has the maximum demand and used as they are equipped with high capacity and unmatched capabilities.
- These batteries are also used in electric vehicles, marine, power, military, telecom, etc. These batteries offer higher power, longer life, and strong safety compared to lead-acid batteries, which boosts its demand in the market.
- These batteries feature a built-in automatic battery management system (BMS), which apparently keeps the battery running at peak performance while preventing overcharging, overheating, and maximizing cell cycle life.
- The energy density of LMC batteries is its core strength.
- It achieves this energy density with excellent stability due to the use of a peak ratio of nickel manganese and cobalt. It also has a good charge and discharge cycle. These features enable its application in industries such as automotive.
- LMC is used in batteries of laptops, mobile phones, tablets, automotive, power tools, and electrical storage systems. It is lightweight and can better serve slimmer and lighter tablets and smartphones. This property will lead to the gradual replacement of LCO and NCA cathode materials in batteries of notebooks, mobile phones, and tablets.
- NMC is also used in HEV, EV, and PHEV as it offers robust safety, along with other desired properties. These advantageous properties of LMP are expected to increase its market share in the next five years and ideally positioned it to be the best material available in this industry.
- Lithium-Metal-Polymer Battery for power capacity range 3,000–10,000 mAH is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
- Lithium-ion batteries' heavy power capacity makes it useful in electric vehicles and industrial uses. The rising market of consumer electronics and smartphones is driving the need for batteries with high power capacity that can keep the device running for long hours and, at the same time, giving an optimum experience of the device due to large screen and power back up service.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Lithium-Metal-Polymer (LMP) Battery industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Lithium-Metal-Polymer (LMP) Battery market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed from 2020 to 2030 to highlight the Lithium-Metal-Polymer (LMP) Battery market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Lithium-Metal-Polymer (LMP) Battery market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Lithium-Metal-Polymer (LMP) Battery Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
BMW, Cymbet, Jiawei, ProLogium, Quantum Scape, CATL, Hyundai, Samsung, Toyota, Dyson, Bollore, Apple, Solid Power, Excellatron Solid State,, Mitsui Kinzoku,, Front Edge Technology, Ilika,, Panasonic, Bosch