Pectin is a polysaccharide (starch) extracted from primary cell wall of plants, usually from fibrous cells of citrus peels or apple by either acid or alkaline hydrolysis. There are two basic types of pectin: high-methoxyl pectin and low-methoxyl pectin. Low-methoxyl pectin is widely used in the food industry as a thickening agent for jams and jellies. Low-methoxyl pectin is applicable in dessert fillings; sweets; and as a thickener and stabilizer in fruit juices, drinking yogurt, milk drinks, hair tonics, body lotions, shampoos, and conditioners. In cosmetics, low-methoxyl pectin is used as a structure provider in pastes, ointments, oils, and creams. In medicine, pectin is used to prevent disorders, such as constipation and diarrhea, mouth & throat sores, diabetes, and colon cancer.
Superior gelling property of low-methoxyl pectin and its ability to gel with less or no sugar are expected to drive the market growth. Change in dietary preference of consumer to low-sugar dessert fillings, sweets, fruit juices, and milk drinks has led to the increased consumption of low-methoxyl pectin. Surge in application of low-methoxyl pectin in pharmaceutical industry to produce medicine and in the cosmetic industry is anticipated to further fuel the market growth. However, availability of gelling agents, such as gelatin, may hamper the market growth. Moreover, growth in food industry in Asia-Pacific is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the manufacturers of low-methoxyl pectin.
The global low methoxyl pectin market is segmented based on product, application, and geography. The product segment includes conventional (LMC) and amidated (LMA). On the basis of application, the market is divided into food, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics. Geographically, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global low methoxyl pectin market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends and quantitative analysis to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the products of low methoxyl pectin and its application.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies.
- The key players are profiled and their strategies & developments are analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Low Methoxyl Pectin Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
YANTAI ANDRE PECTIN, CP KELCO, JINFENG PECTIN, DANISCO A/S, NATUREX, POMONA’S UNIVERSAL PECTIN, HERBSTREITH & FOX KG, SILVATEAM, CARGILL INC., CEAMSA