Matcha is a form of Japanese green tea. It is in powdered form and the tea which it makes has a mellow and smooth flavor. Matcha powder is a type of green tea that is made by picking young tea leaves and then grinding these tea leaves into a bright green powder. It is obtained from camellia sinensis plant that is harvested in China and Japan, due to its climatic and soil conditions. It is flexible and versatile and it is also a famous ingredient in mixed beverages such as green tea lattes, and morning smoothies to name few.
Matcha powder consists a potent, unique class of antioxidant recognized as catechins, which is not in present any other food. The catechin epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) and other catechins counter the effects of free radicals from UV rays, pollution, chemicals, and radiation, which can affect cells and damage DNA. Matcha powder contains 60% of the catechins. Its regular consumption can help preserve and restore the body’s integral well-being and balance.
The global matcha powder market is driven by rise in consumer focus toward adopting healthy lifestyle and health benefits associated with matcha powder. These benefits include reduction of weight, cure of headaches & body pain, and decrease in cholesterol levels and minimize the chances of heart attacks. These associated benefits coupled with rise in awareness for adoption of healthy lifestyle are the factors that are expected to fuel the growth of the matcha powder market. Moreover, increased millennials expenditure on dietary beverages have resulted in raising the demand for matcha powder market. Moreover, the matcha powder is also used in food and beverages for making cookies, cakes, yogurt, cereals, chocolates, candies, energy bars to name few, which also fuels the growth of matcha powder market.
The global matcha powder market is segmented based on application into food and beverages and cosmetics & personal care industry. By region, the market is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the key players operating in the global matcha powder market are The AOI Tea Company, Aiya America Inc., Ikeda Tea World, DoMatcha, Teavana, Ippodo Tea Co., Mizuba Tea Co.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global matcha powder market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and the suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the matcha powder market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global matcha powder market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Matcha Powder Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
IPPODO TEA CO, THE AOI TEA COMPANY, MIZUBA TEA CO, AIYA AMERICA INC, IKEDA TEA WORLD, TEAVANA, DOMATCHA