Meal replacement products are the wide range food items containing drinks, energy bars, soups, and powders that contain high nutritional values. Meal replacement products are supposed to replace meals by nutritionally-balanced shakes or meals. These products are high in fiber and protein and are specially meant to work as substitute for solid food items and provide desired quantity of proteins and other nutrients.
People are focusing on reduced overall calorie intake in the meal to reduce weight. Meal replacements such as protein shakes, protein bars, and food items such as brown rice, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes are commonly preferred products by the consumers. Meal replacement products such as weight management diet proteins and weight loss diet are food consumed to reduce weight or to help maintain proper weight.
Busy lifestyle of the population in urban areas and increased number of working women has eliminated the time for whole meal. The need to replace whole meals with something which can be effortlessly available and has equivalent nutritional value boosts the growth of the global market for meal replacement products.
There is an increase in the prevalence of diabetes, obesity, and other health problems among the consumers. Therefore, to take care of these health problems people choose nutrition reach meal replacements. Organic meals are being preferred in the fast-paced lives as a replacement for meals. Growth in demand for organic products as meal replacement products augments the market growth. Humans might develop nutritional deficiencies if too many meals gets replaced by shakes or proteins. The organic meal as the replacement product for meal is a new trend in the industry owing to high nutritional values.
The profitable growth opportunities created in the global market by meal replacement products considering high demand for alternatives has made way for many prominent food & beverage companies to move into the nutritional food market in the last few years. Many specialty meal replacements and nutritional product suppliers also established their businesses seeing favorable growth promise and increased response by consumers.
The global meal replacement market is segmented into food form, distribution channel, and region. Based on food form, the market is classified into protein powder, liquid/shakes, and edible bars. Based on distribution channel, it is divided into hypermarkets & supermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, and online sales channel. Based on region, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key players of the meal replacement market are Organic Food Bar Inc., Orgain Inc., Abott Nutrition, Herbalife International India Pvt. Ltd., kellog’s, Nestle Group, Slimfast, TDMR Europe, Huel Limited, General Nutrition Corporation (GNC Holdings Inc.), and Amazing grass
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the meal replacement products market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. The market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking while providing a clear understanding of the present position of the key market players.
- The report includes analyses of the regional as well as global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Meal Replacement Products Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
ABOTT NUTRITION, FOOD BAR INC., GENERAL NUTRITION CORPORATION (GNC HOLDINGS INC.), HERBALIFE INTERNATIONAL INDIA PVT. LTD., HUEL LIMITED, TDMR EUROPE, ORGAIN INC., SLIMFAST, KELLOG’S, NESTLE GROUP