Medical Electrodes Market Overview:
Global Medical Electrodes Market was valued at $1,054 million in 2015, and is expected to reach $1,328 million by 2022, supported by a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period 2016 to 2022.Medical electrodes are devices that transfer the energy of ionic currents in the body into electrical currents that can be amplified, studied, and used for diagnosis of the various medical indication. The medical electrode comprises of lead, metal, and electrode conducting plate. Medical electrodes are used in combination with monitoring systems to provide a diagnosis and continuous monitoring of patients suffering from various diseases such as cardiology and neurology related problems.
Global Medical Electrodes Market Segmentation
According to the AMR analysis, the Electcardiography (ECG) modality market is expected to grow at a fastest rate in the medical electrodes market. This fast growth is mainly attributed to the increase in cardiology diseases worldwide. The growth in burden of cardiology diseases coupled with high focus on early diagnosis propels the market for ECG modality across geographies.
Increasing Geriatric Population Worldwide
A major concern is the increase in geriatric population, which was around 7.34 billion in 2015, while it (people over 60+ years of age) was reported to be around 901 million in 2015. This population is expected to increase to 1.4 billion by 2030. This increase in burden of geriatric population will result into increase in the number of cardiac, neuro, and related diseases. This would thus create a need for early diagnosis which can be achieved with the use of medical electrodes since they play an integral part in quality diagnosis and continuous monitoring. Thus, increase in geriatric population is expected to propel the growth of the medical electrodes market.
The key players profiled in the report include CONMED, 3M Company, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Medtronic PLC, Natus Medical Incorporated, C. R. Bard, Inc., Dymedix, Ambu A/S, Cognionics Inc., and Cooper Surgical, Inc. The other players operating in the industry include Leonhard Lang GmbH, Ad-Tech Medical Instrument Corporation, S&W Healthcare, Pepin Manufacturing, Inc., ZOLL Medical Corporation, Avery Dennison Corporation, and Rhythmlink International, LLC
Key Benefits of Medical Electrodes Market:
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the global medical electrodes market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- The report provides quantitative analysis of the industry for the period of 2014‐2022 to enable stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis of the market helps understand the adoption of medical electrodes diagnosis and monitoring of applications such as cardiology, neurophysiology, electrosurgery, IOM, and sleep study.
- Competitive intelligence highlights the business practices followed by leading market players across various geographies.
Medical Electrodes Market Key Segments
The global medical electrodes market is segmented based on product type, application, modality, and geography.
By Product Type
- Surface Electrodes
- Needle Electrodes
- Stress Test ECG
- Neonatal ECG
- Long-Term Monitoring ECG
- Short-Term Monitoring EGG
- Resting ECG
- Intraoperative Monitoring (IOM)
- Sleep Study
- Motor Evoked Potentials (MEPs)
- Somatosensory Evoked Potentials (SSEPs)
- Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Electroencephalography (EEG)
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Brainstem Auditory Evoked Potentials (BAEPs)
- Visual Evoked Potentials (VEPs)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA