Membranes are natural or manufactured substances used for separation. They commonly serve the purpose of filter pads. Membranes, which are semi-permeable in nature (allow only selective compounds/substances to flow pass them) are easy to manufacture. These are gaining popularity in the process industry where purity of products is highly desired. Membranes are available in every shape and size and are required in numerous devices right from the water filter at home to large scale petroleum refining industries.
The beverage and chemical process industries are expected to lead the market as filtration and separation are of utmost importance in these sectors. Increase in demand for food & beverages, high product purity requirements of numerous companies, and availability of diverse fields of application for the membrane technology drive the market. The growth in demands of the hoteling industry, which is a direct beneficiary of membrane separation processes is also a good indicator for the market. However, on the other hand, ban on the sale of alcoholic beverages in certain areas leading to lower demand and considerable cost of manufacture of membranes restrict the market growth. With respect to the hoteling industry and restaurant business, the emerging economies (Brazil, India, China, and South Africa) having a growing middle class with increase in per capita incomes are potential markets waiting to be captured.
The report segments the membrane technology for food & beverages processing market on the basis of type, technology, application, and geography. Based on type, it is bifurcated into polymeric membranes and ceramic membranes. Based on technology, it is classified into ultrafiltration (UF), microfiltration (MF), nanofiltration (NF), reverse osmosis (RO), pervaporation, and gas separation. Based on application, it is categorized into dairy processing, beverage processing and food & starch processing. Based on geography, the market is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
This report provides comprehensive competitive analysis of major market players such as Aquamarijn, GE Water Treatment & Process Technologies, Graver Technologies LLC, 3M Membranes, Ferris Mfg.Corp., Xylem Inc, Siemens AG, Pore Technology Inc, Asahi Kasei Corp., Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd., and Hyflux Ltd.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current trends and emerging estimations & dynamics in the membrane technology for food & beverages processing market.
- In-depth analysis of membrane technology for the market size is conducted and estimations for key segments between 2016 and 2023 are provided.
- Competitive intelligence (of leading manufacturers and distributors of membrane technology for food and beverages processing) helps understand the competitive scenario across the geographies.
- Factors that drive and restrain the growth of the market are provided.
- Market share for all segments with respect to each geography is detailed in the report, which helps in understanding the trends in the industry at granular level.
Membrane Technology For Food And Beverage Processing Market Key Segmentation
- Polymeric Membranes
- Ceramic Membranes
- Reverse Osmosis(RO)
- Gas Separation
- Dairy Processing
- Beverage Processing
- Food & Starch Processing
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA)
- South Africa
- Rest of LAMEA
*Other players in the value chain, include
- Applied Membranes Inc.
- Advanced Equipment and Services Inc.
- Atech Innovations GmbH
*Profiles of these players are not included in the report, but can be included on request.
"Note : The list of companies mentioned in the description is tentative in nature and may change after detailed analysis."