Microwavable food is a prepackaged meal or food product that requires minimal preparations for cooking. Shelf stable microwaveable food, chilled food, and frozen food are some of the products that can be prepared in a microwave. Microwaves cause water, fat, and sugar molecules to vibrate 2.5 million times per second, producing heat, which cooks the food.
The packaging wraps or containers used to pack meal/food plays an important role to ensure that food remains suitable to eat after being cooked in a microwave. The microwavable food products are easily available due to the growing retail network across the globe.
Increasing disposable income, busy lifestyle, large on-the-go consumer base, and increasing number of women in labor force have fueled the consumption of frozen food, chilled food, and various other microwavable food products due to the ease of preparation. Microwavable foods assist customers to prepare food in a relative shorter time and heat products quickly.
Moreover, increasing demand for convenience food, especially in the Asia-Pacific region, could present lucrative opportunities for market players. However, risks associated with microwaving foods packed in plastic wraps or containers and government regulations on plastic containers used for packaging the microwavable food are expected to hamper the hamper the market growth.
The global microwavable foods market is segmented based on product, distribution channel, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into shelf stable microwaveable food, chilled food, and frozen food. Based on packaging technology, the market is segmented into patterned susceptors technology, new tray-lidding methods, and new cook bag technique. The report analyzes the market trends across various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Market Players
- McCain Foods
- H.J. Heinz
- Pinnacle Food Group LLC
- Gunnar Dafgrd AB
- Kellogg Company
- Windsor Frozen Foods
- General Mills Inc.
- Campbell Soup Company
- Birds Eye Foods Inc.
- Beech-Nut Nutrition Corporation
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global microwavable foods market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the products of microwavable foods.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Microwavable Foods Market Key Segmentation:
- Shelf Stable Microwaveable Food
- Chilled Food
- Frozen Food
By Packaging Technology
- Patterned Susceptors Technology
- New Tray-Lidding Methods
- New Cook Bag Technique
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA