Mijiu is a Chinese rice wine made from glutinous rice. It is a fermented beverage which generally looks clear and tastes sweet. Mijiu is predominantly used as a cooking ingredient in the Chinese cuisine and for drinking purposes and is also considered as a traditional beverage by the Chinese. It has an alcohol content between 12% and 20%.
China has an increasing number of wine aficionados, which offers hope to vintners. China’s majority population is aged, and this elderly population consists of consumers who prefer Chinese white spirits made from grains such as rice. This consumption pattern has created a positive impact on the mijiu market. In addition, the increase in expansion of alcohol e commerce retail in China has created easy availability and accessibility for consumers which helps create demand for the beverages. However, the Chinese millennials prefer wines imported from the western countries since they are continuously experimenting with taste.
On the contrary, introducing fancy packaging and labelling for the beverage helps attract additional potential buyers as Chinese consumers are very status conscious and prefer products which impart a luxury presentation. This can be viewed as an opportunity by the manufacturers to expand the market base and sustain in the market.
The market is segmented based on application, distribution channel, and region. Based on application, it is bifurcated into household and commercial. Based on distribution channel, it is divided into online retail, supermarket/hypermarket, and departmental stores. Based on region, it is studied across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
The key players operating in the market include Zhejiang Donghai Winery Co., Ltd., Yangchun Xinde Liquor Co., Ltd., Nanchang Xuxiang Food Co., Ltd., Nanchang Gujingquan Liquor Co., Ltd., and Xiamen My Home Centennial Trading Co., Ltd.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the current and emerging trends and dynamics in the Mijiu Market.
- In-depth analysis is done by constructing market estimations for the key market segments to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- This study evaluates the competitive landscape and value chain to understand the competitive environment across the geographies.
- Comprehensive analysis of factors that drive and restrict the market growth is provided.
- Comprehensive analysis of the region is provided to determine the prevailing opportunities in these geographies.
Mijiu Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Nanchang Xuxiang Food Co., Ltd., Xiamen My Home Centennial Trading Co., Ltd., Nanchang Gujingquan Liquor Co., Ltd., Yangchun Xinde Liquor Co., Ltd., Zhejiang Donghai Winery Co., Ltd.