Military lighting systems and equipment are used at bases and by personnel when they are not in use. They are critical components of the military. Military lighting equipment and technology suppliers provide portable lighting, torches, floodlights, and infrared and night vision technologies. Depending on the situation, lighting can be either temporary or permanent. In a permanent base, for example, lighting is connected to the main supply, whereas on an exercise, lighting cannot always be achieved through the main electricity supply, so other measures, such as solar powered lights or battery lights, must be taken. Military lighting installation necessitates lighting for security, roadways, vehicles, tanks, bunkers, patrolling and 24X7 surveillance, military residential purposes, and a variety of other applications.
The global Military Lighting market is segmented on the basis of Type, Solution, Technology, Application, and Region. Based on type, the market is divided into Halogen, LCD, LED, OLED, and Others. In terms of application, the market is categorized into Ground, Airborne, and Marine. On the basis of solutions, the market is divided into Hardware, Software, and Services. Geographically, the market is analyzed across several regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa (LAMEA).
COVID-19 impact analysis
The COVID-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the military lighting market share, with manufacturing activities being temporarily halted across major manufacturing hubs, resulting in a significant production slowdown. People are becoming significantly more isolated as a result of increased restrictions on public meetings and travel. Due to supply chain delays, stock market instability, halting of airlines, business dealings in the military lighting business are also feeling the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. It has directly impacted production and demand of military lighting industry causing supply chain and market disruption. As airports are shut down due to lockdown restrictions, the use of military lighting is halted, negatively impacting the military lighting market size.
Top impacting factors
Continuous technological advancement is capable of meeting the critical requirements of high accuracy lighting in the military. The demand for energy-efficient lighting solutions, increased government focus and expenditure on installing efficient lighting, and advancements in LED technologies are driving the military lighting market. Lighting technology advancements are tending to reduce the overall manufacturing cost of military lighting, which is also a significant factor positively impacting the overall military lighting market growth. Defense forces all over the world are currently focusing on expanding their working areas by establishing military camps or restricted military bases. This is also propelling the military lighting market across multiple regions.
The governments of various countries are launching various initiatives to install more energy-efficient lighting in military bases, which is creating potential growth opportunities for the military lighting market. Additionally, the growing adoption of LED technology in the military sector for energy efficiency is fueling the growth of the military lighting market opportunity. Military bases or areas are typically located on the outskirts of cities or in underdeveloped areas in terms of infrastructure. Difficult terrains and areas raise the cost of implementing military lighting in many places, limiting the market’s growth. Furthermore, due to the high cost, the scope of mass installation becomes very limited, which is one of the major challenges for the growth of the military lighting market.
Another significant issue that is expected to stymie the growth of the military lighting market is the presence of old and conventional light systems that are already installed but cannot be removed from military bases. The issue of power generation is also a major factor limiting the growth of the military lighting market in some developing countries.
Surge in adoption of security in military areas
Military areas are extremely sensitive in terms of premise security, patrolling, and 24*7 surveillance. Lighting is also considered critical in military areas, as military lighting has a direct impact on the security of the premise. In terms of lighting applications, military areas are similar to small cities, where military lighting is not only limited to perimeter security but also within constructed areas. Military lighting installation necessitates lighting for security, roadways, vehicles, tanks, bunkers, military housing, and a variety of other areas. Due to security concerns, military lighting solutions are highly dependable, energy efficient, and long-lasting, providing sophisticated dim lighting.
Military lighting has always been critical, but in recent years, governments all over the world have been focusing more on providing more efficient military lighting in their respective governance. Attributed to increasing demand for advanced lighting technologies for military applications, the military lighting market is expected to grow significantly and achieve double-digit growth during the forecast period.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the military lighting market along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the military lighting market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight military lighting market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed military lighting market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in military lighting market research report
- What are the leading market players active in the military lighting market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the projections for the future would help in taking further strategic steps?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
- What is military lighting?
- What does military lighting allow organizations to achieve?
- Which technologies combine to make military lighting a critical organizational asset?
- What are the key benefits of the military lighting market report?
- Which niches should companies associated with recent improvements establish a presence in?
- Upcoming report specific FAQs examples:
Military Lighting Market Report Highlights
Key Market Players
Honeywell, Rockwell Collins, Osram, United Technologies, Larson Electronics, Orion Energy Systems, Laminators technologies, Revolution Lighting Technologies, Deco Lighting, Lunar Lighting