Mushrooms are edible fungi that contains essential nutrients such as copper, selenium and others. They come from the family named “Agaricus”. Their proteins vary greatly in their properties, color, texture, and savory flavor. Various types of mushrooms are grown across the world such as white button mushroom, oyster mushroom, cremini mushroom, maitake mushroom, paddy straw mushroom, milky mushroom, portobello mushroom, and others.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), mushroom proteins are rich sources of minerals and vitamins that include riboflavin, folate, thiamin, vitamin D, phosphorous, potassium, and phosphorous. They consist of selenium that has antioxidant, anticancer and anti-inflammatory potential. It also helps in reducing the risk of cancer, thyroid disease, cognitive decline and heart diseases. Mushroom proteins has fiber and certain enzymes that help reduce the cholesterol levels. Mushroom proteins are ideal energy diet for diabetics, as they contain no fats, high protein content, and low levels of carbohydrates. Mushroom protein includes ergothioneine, a powerful antioxidant which provides prevention from free radical and helps boost the immune system. It also has calcium that strengthens bones and helps avoid osteoporosis.
The global mushroom protein market is driven by rise in popularity of protein in the nutraceutical industry. Moreover, the demand for mushroom protein is increasing, especially in athletes due to its diversified factor such as building of muscles, increase in strength, and boosting the immune system.
The global mushroom protein market is segmented based on nature, end user, distribution channel, and region. Based on nature, the market is divided into organic and conventional. By end user, the market is classified into food & beverages, health care industry, and cosmetics & personal care industry. By distribution channel, the market is bifurcated into direct and indirect. By region, it is analyzed across North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Some of the most prominent players in the mushroom protein market are MycoTechnology Inc, OM Organic Mushroom Nutrition, Scelta Mushroom, Ganoherb International Inc, Monterey Mushrooms, Inc., Scelta Mushrooms B.V.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- This report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics of the global mushroom protein market to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key countries in all the major regions are mapped based on their market share.
- Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of the buyers and the suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier–buyer network.
- In-depth analysis of the market segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
- Major countries in each region are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the global industry. Market player positioning facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of the market players.
- The report includes the analysis of the regional as well as global market, key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
Mushroom Protein Market Report Highlights
By End Users
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
MONTEREY MUSHROOMS, INC, SCELTA MUSHROOMS B.V, GANOHERB INTERNATIONAL INC, SCELTA MUSHROOM, OM ORGANIC MUSHROOM NUTRITION, MYCOTECHNOLOGY INC