The mushroom substrate market is experiencing a significant growth, and will grow considerably in next few years. A mushroom substrate is a substance on which mushroom grows, it acts as a medium for mycelium to grow and proliferate. The most common type Mushroom Substrate is the cereal straw such as rye, wheat and oats as it helps to grow different varieties if Mushrooms. Mushroom substrate are mostly used by small producers to produce mycelium. Mushroom Substrate can be produced by any clean agricultural waste on which spawn can be added. Spawn is a nutritious material on which mycelium starts growing and then the mushroom starts colonizing on mushroom substrates. Use of mushroom substrate is also an eco-friendly way of cultivating mushroom.
COVID-19 Impact analysis
The shutdown of economies across the globe due to COVID-19 pandemic resulted in low production and growth which resulted in stagnation in the Mushroom Substrate market.
The demand for the healthier food and including the straw cereals in the food during the pandemic increased the demand for the Mushroom Substrate as people are inclined towards the healthy foods and snacks.
However, the fact cannot be ignored that the lockdown during the COVID-19 resulted in low production and disruptions in supply chain of Mushroom Substrate market.
Top Impacting Factors
The mushroom substrate market is primarily being driven by the rising environmental awareness as the products offer an eco-friendly way of cultivating mushroom. The market is further propelled by the capacity of mushroom substrates to help poverty-stricken and strengthen the livelihoods of the poor as the cultivation of mycelium requires no access to the land and substantial capital investment
Another significant reason for the rise in demand for mushroom substrate is its medicinal properties, which is beneficial for the pharmaceutical industry. The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most significantly rising sectors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The global mushroom substrates market has evolved over the time due to the increase in demand for organic mushroom in the foodservice industry and is expected to witness robust growth over the forecast period.
Key opportunities in Mushroom Substrate Market
The mushroom substrate market is highly enterprising in nature as demand and supply scenario keeps on changing from one edge to the other. Mushroom substrates are the key ingredient for ex-situ mushroom cultivation, which required no access to land. Mushroom cultivation with the help of mushroom substrate helps the cultivator to offer consistent and predictable quantities and quality of mushrooms, which helps them to attract and enhance a consumer base. Increasing effective communication and good relationship among growers and suppliers have ensured effective flow of mushroom substrate from one region to another.
Rise in demand
The significant rise in the demand for mushroom substrate in the foodservice industry, especially after the easing of lockdowns, has propelled the mushroom substrate market forward. The sale of the product has the potential to easily create a consumer base as the process of cultivation of mushroom through substrate enables the cultivator to offer consistent and expected quantities and quality of mushrooms. The medicinal properties of mushroom substrate further bolster the market growth as because of these medicinal properties, the product finds application in the pharmaceutical sector, which has a high demand amidst the pandemic.
Key Benefits of the Report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of the Mushroom Substrate industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of the Mushroom Substrate market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the Mushroom Substrate market growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailed Mushroom Substrate market analysis based on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years
Questions answered in the Report
- Who are the leading market players active in the Mushroom Substrate market?
- What current trends will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
- What is "Mushroom Substrate" Market prediction in the future?
- Which will be the niches at which players profiling with recent advancements should set a presence?
- What are the driving factors and opportunities in the market?
- What are the current trends and predicted trends?
- What are the challenges faced in the "Mushroom substrate" Market?
Mushroom Substrate Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
Weimar Enterprise Sdn Bhd., North Spore, SETAV LTD, Freres Lumber Co., Inc, JSC Ramundas, Anyang Gemco Energy Machinery Co., Ltd, The Frantz Company, Artesia Sawdust, Baltic Wood Service, Millwood Holdings Limited., Ontario Sawdust Supplies Ltd