Nanomedicine or nano-therapeutics is the result of application of nanotechnology in the medical field. Nanomedicines range from the medical applications of nanomaterials and biological devices, to nanoelectronic biosensors, and even biological machines (a promising future application of molecular nanotechnology). Nanomedicines find applications in monitoring, construction, repair, and control of human biological systems at the molecular level, by the use of nanodevices and nanostructures.
The global nanomedicines market is driven by increase in prevalence of chronic disorders, presence of high, unmet medical needs (especially in developing countries), and increase in government funding for nanomedicines. However, lack of organized regulatory standards restrains the market growth. The growth opportunities in the emerging economies of Asia-Pacific and LAMEA are expected to provide numerous opportunities for market growth during the forecast period.
The report segments the market based on product, application, and geography. Based on product, the market is divided into therapeutics, regenerative medicine, in-vitro diagnostics, in-vivo diagnostics, and vaccines. Nanomedicines find application in the fields of oncology, cardiology, neurology, orthopedics, anti-inflammatory, anti-infectives, infectious diseases, and other chronic abnormalities. Geographically, the market is analyzed across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico); Europe (Germany, France, Italy, UK, Spain, and rest of Europe); Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, South Korea, and rest of Asia-Pacific); and LAMEA (Brazil, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, and rest of LAMEA).
The major companies profiled in the report include CombiMatrix Corporation, Abbott Laboratories, Celgene Corporation, Mallinckrodt plc, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co. Inc., General Electric Company, Pfizer Inc., Nanosphere Inc., and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Key Benefits for Stakeholders
- Thestudy provides an in-depth analysis of the market with current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2014 to 2022, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on prevailing market opportunities.
- Extensive analysis by product helps in understanding the various types of nanomedicines used for treatment of chronic disorders.
- Comprehensive analysis of all geographical regions is provided, which helps in determining the prevailing opportunities.
- Key players are profiled and their strategies are analyzed thoroughly, which helps in understanding competitive outlook of the global market.
Nanomedicine Market Key Segments
- Regenerative Medicine
- In-vitro Diagnostics
- In-vivo Diagnostics
- Infectious Diseases
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA