Nut cheese is a type of non-dairy, plant-based cheese analogs. Nut cheeses range from soft fresh cheeses to aged and grown hard-grateable cheeses such as Parmesan. Nut cheese can be made from various plant proteins and fats. Nut cheese can be made from seeds such as sesame and sunflower. Vegan cheese exhibits various health benefits, for instance, it reducesthe risk of diabetes and cardiac diseases. Vegan cheese is lower in fat, protein, and calcium than regular cheese, and is gluten-free. Plant-based cheese products are becoming increasingly popular, as consumers switch from conventional cheese.
COVID-19 scenario analysis
- The global pandemic has significantly hampered the growth of the nut cheese market as consumer demand continues to decline. The demand for nut cheese decreased due to the closure of all restaurants.
- In many countries, industries are shut down, thus, the production of nut cheese has drastically declined, due to the restriction imposed of labor movement
- The supply chain of nut cheese has disrupted due to trade barriers.
Top impacting factors: market scenario analysis, trends, drivers, and impact analysis
Increase in urbanization, rise in disposable income, and shift toward healthier lifestyle are the key factors expected to drive growth of the global nut cheese market. Increase in consumer preference for nutritional and low-gluten foods is expected to increase the demand for nut cheese.
Rise in celebrity influence to prefer the consumption of plant-based products is expected to boost the global market growth.
However, climate change, animal cruelty related to mounting concerns, and health are some of the leading factors driving the growth for nut cheese market around the world.
Increase in demand for nut cheese, a range of cheese brands have entered the global market as a result of which the competition in the market for nut cheese is high. As demand for nut cheese is growing at an exponential rate, plant-based cheese brands are now expanding their production capacity to meet customer demand.
Increase in health & wellness trend among consumers
Consumers have become more concerned about their health and fitness due to increase in prevalence of sedentary and hectic lifestyle, thereby driving consumers to choose healthy food items. As a result, several consumers are avoiding junk food consumption, which will increase the demand for plant-based proteins. The trend of vegan diets has significantly affected the consumption of dairy products such as soy preferred by vegan consumers. This trend has had an immense impact on the dairy industry, thus boosting nut cheese market growth. In addition, consumers are increasingly taking part in fitness activities that improve their well-being, such as eating natural and vegan foods &beverages and following vegan diets. As a result, the market for nut cheese is rapidly gaining momentum,globally.
The global market trends are as follows:
It is hard to abstain from burgers, pizzas, and other popular food preparations where cheese is a key ingredient, thus, choosing a healthier alternative can make a positive change. Therefore, leading vegan cheese brands are expanding their promotional strategies to increase awareness about the product. This will help the manufacturers to gain considerable traction. For example, McDonald's announced after a successful trial that its new McVegan will become a permanent item in its menu.
Key benefits of the report
- This study presents the analytical depiction of thenut cheese industry along with the current trends and future estimations to determine the imminent investment pockets.
- The report presents information related to key drivers, restraints, and opportunities along with detailed analysis of thenut cheese market share.
- The current market is quantitatively analyzed to highlight the globalnut cheese growth scenario.
- Porter’s five forces analysis illustrates the potency of buyers & suppliers in the market.
- The report provides a detailedmarket analysis depending on competitive intensity and how the competition will take shape in coming years.
Questions answered in the global nut cheese market research report:
- Which are the leading players active in theglobal nut cheese market?
- What are the current trends that will influence the market in the next few years?
- What are the driving factors, restraints, and opportunities of the market?
- What future projections would help in taking further strategic steps?
Nut Cheese Market Report Highlights
By Distribution Channel
Key Market Players
TyneCheaseLimited, DaiyaFoods, Miyoko’s Kitchen Company, Good Planet Foods, Field Roast Grain Meat Co., Follow Your Heart, Vermont Farmstead Company, Kite Hill, Violife Foods, Vtopian Artisan Cheese Company, Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Inc., Parmela Creamery