Oat grains are processed, crushed, rolled, or steel-cut to make coarse oatmeal. Oatmeal is a remarkable source of vital minerals, vitamins, fibers, protein, and antioxidants, and is gluten-free. Oats are usually consumed for breakfast as oatmeal, which is prepared by adding water or milk. It has higher soluble fiber beta-glucan content, which helps in reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels, lowering the risk of heart diseases, promoting healthy gut bacteria, and others.
The global oatmeal market is driven by the benefits offered by oatmeal, such as high fiber, and protein content, no sugar, and gluten-free. Increase in the middle income groups has led to the changes in the lifestyle of people. Nowadays, consumers have become increasingly health conscious, and are inclined towards for minimally-processed, natural food products. Moreover, increase in consumer awareness for oatmeal as a highly nutritional breakfast and meals propels the market growth. Moreover, the positioning of oatmeal as an option for lunch, dinner, and snacks, have resulted in its higher consumption among consumers; thereby supplementing the market growth.
The global oatmeal market is segmented based on product, distribution channel, and geography. Based on product, the market is categorized into whole oat grains, steel cut oats, regular rolled oats, instant rolled oats, and others. Based on distribution channel, the market is segmented into super/hypermarket, convenience/departmental stores, specialty stores, and others. The report analyzes the market trends across various regions such as North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA.
Key Market Players
- Quaker Oats Company
- Bagrry's India Ltd.
- General Mills
- Dr. McDougall's Right Foods
- Abbott Nutrition
- Conagra Foods
- ABF Grain Products Limited
- The report provides an in-depth analysis of the current trends, drivers, and dynamics of the global oatmeal market to elucidate the prevailing opportunities and potential investment pockets.
- It offers qualitative trends as well as quantitative analysis for the period of 20162023 to assist stakeholders to understand the market scenario.
- In-depth analysis of the key segments demonstrates the products of oatmeal and its distribution channel.
- Competitive intelligence of the industry highlights the business practices followed by key players across geographies as well as the prevailing market opportunities.
- The key players in the market are profiled along with their strategies and developments to understand the competitive outlook of the industry.
Oatmeal Market Key Segmentation:
- Whole Oat Grains
- Steel Cut Oats
- Regular Rolled Oats
- Instant Rolled Oats
By Distribution Channel
- Convenience/Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA